Toribash
Originally Posted by Drummer View Post
They really are a raw rock band. Fuck anyone who calls them pop-rock. They are too heavy to be called pop. They are great musicians, too, my god.

Animals is good, but really, there are much better Nickelback songs, like Savin' Me, Never Again, Someday, How You Remind Me, and Woke Up This Morning.

Pop rock is a terrible genre to label these guys as. Seriously. Pop does not sound like Nickelback, AT ALL.

Unfortunately? I guess you expect the music industry to apologize to you for making Nickelback famous, I guess. They pretty much are regular rock anyways. Times have changed. Everyone knows how much different music is today, it's crazy.

Not crazy... Worse.

Edit: Sorry for the double post, it was an accident.
Originally Posted by SporeCc View Post
I agree.

And that's not true. Compare Nickelback to another pop-rock band like OAR, Rascall Flats, or even Paramore. In fact, Nickelback is like Paramore with a male vocalist.

They are the definition of "pop-rock", Drummer. That is, commercial "rock" that is only around to produce a series of similar hits and then disappear in a few years. That's the truth. Watch.

I'm not caring if they are commercial or not. What I'm saying is that they don't SOUND like pop-rock. To heavy to be considered that. Finger 11 sounds like pop-rock along with Paramore. I can agree that they are commercial, though.

Sound of pop-rock: Paralyzer - Finger 11. Perfect song for defining the sound of pop-rock.
I have left Toribash, but will drop in occasionally on the forums and IRC. Still in Sigma.
I'm not caring if they are commercial or not. What I'm saying is that they don't SOUND like pop-rock. To heavy to be considered that. Finger 11 sounds like pop-rock along with Paramore. I can agree that they are commercial, though.

Sound of pop-rock: Paralyzer - Finger 11. Perfect song for defining the sound of pop-rock.

You can compare that to any Nickelback song. They sound the same.
You can compare that to any Nickelback song. They sound the same.

You couldn't have been more wrong. I seriously can't stop laughing at that.... X)
Last edited by Drummer; Apr 6, 2009 at 06:15 AM.
I have left Toribash, but will drop in occasionally on the forums and IRC. Still in Sigma.
You couldn't have been more wrong. I seriously can't stop laughing at that.... X)

They do. Don't kid yourself. Similar dynamic male vocalists, cheesy, unoriginal guitar driven riffs... i mean, it's all there.
They really are a raw rock band.

you're an idiot.

If you want raw, try the first album of the The White Stripes.

Nickelback couldnt make it in an alternative genre.
Last edited by Puffbunny; Apr 6, 2009 at 10:53 AM.
Originally Posted by Puffbunny View Post
you're an idiot.

Youre kidding right? Nickelback is bad but White Stripes isn't much better.
Meg White is hot but that doesn't make the band good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfuXJL6JTIU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-_0V0IXEkc
Originally Posted by hoho123 View Post

I Want To ManBreakfast Massage Me When He Massage I Will Pay

They do. Don't kid yourself. Similar dynamic male vocalists, cheesy, unoriginal guitar driven riffs... i mean, it's all there.

You seriously don't get what I'm saying.

The songs don't actually sound like each other. Paralyzer has a straight, pop drum beat with a lightly distorted guitar.

Woke Up This Morning has an intricate drum beat, a heavier distorted guitar, deeper vocals, different bass sound. Along with mainly all of their songs.

Now do you get what I'm saying? Ffs...they sound different in terms of heaviness. I'm talking from a musician's perspective. My original point was that they are too heavy for pop.

Originally Posted by Puffbunny View Post
you're an idiot.

You sir, are the idiot. You don't even know what I'm talking about when I said raw. I was agreeing with Warcry's point of view of 'raw'. Gtfo and read the earlier posts before being an ignorant kid.

unoriginal guitar driven riffs

There's nothing new under the sun. You can only arrange so many notes and rythms. Riffs that you have heard and you think are original I guarantee you have been taken from classical pieces and much older bands. There's barely anything that's original, and same for classic bands. Look at Tool! Even they have influences and their riffs are influenced from older bands. Do you think that you can just pick up an instrument and suddenly be original and make unheard rythms that no one has ever heard of before, in this era? That's what influences are, borrowing. So unoriginal? Yeah, mmk.
Last edited by Drummer; Apr 6, 2009 at 11:02 PM.
There's nothing new under the sun. You can only arrange so many notes and rythms. Riffs that you have heard and you think are original I guarantee you have been taken from classical pieces and much older bands. There's barely anything that's original, and same for classic bands.

meh

it's not just a melody, it's how you play it, how it sounds. alternative/progressive bands come up with origional stuff all the time, that sounds great. There's not an infinite number of decent sounding riffs, but we sure as hell havent used them all yet, trust me.
Originally Posted by H4rl3quin View Post
meh

it's not just a melody, it's how you play it, how it sounds. alternative/progressive bands come up with origional stuff all the time, that sounds great. There's not an infinite number of decent sounding riffs, but we sure as hell havent used them all yet, trust me.

It's how you play it? That's the rudiments and rythm. How it sounds can be changed easily but that's irrelevant to my last post.

It's so easy to borrow a riff and then change it. Something may sound like this..sometime may sound like that...