Endurance Onslaught 6.0
nice jepoy...
i'm going to post my 3D animations here...
soon
xD
Last edited by XPaD; Aug 2, 2009 at 12:36 AM.
Originally Posted by Stupinator View Post
so the light setup took a day to make? I don't quite understand. for someone who's been doing 3d work for about 6 years, it shouldn't take you over an hour to get a great light setup. try switching apps, get some demos, I'm sure by the time you're done, you'll be ready to switch apps. it shouldn't take someone as skilled as you more than an hour to make a great light setup. better software will allow you to do that, enabling you to focus less on the lights, and more on the details. in the end, isn't it worth it just for that?

I agree with you, it shouldn't take that long, but due to the fact that rendering without Global Illumination on made the whole render come out weird, resulting in me not being able to see if the light setup was gonna work how it was supposed to, it took alot of trial and error with the settings of global illumination, as I said this took about 20 minutes each time, and I had to find very specific settings to get that result :|

I already have c4d, 3d studio max and maya, I used vray for some of my toribash renders from ages ago.
Look what blender is now capable of! Smoke simulation !!!

Note: This is a screenshot, so the smoke is indeed real time (a bit slow though).

When volumetric rendering is merged with the official 2.5, some really awesome renders would be possible with this effect.
how.. do.. you.. do.. that..

lol i thought i learned all the cool new stuff. im pretty good with softbodys and im HELA good with liquids. how the HELL do you do smoke?
its from blender 2.5
and blender 2.5 is not realy completed,
blender fundation stil working on that;p
and this is just new modifier like subsurf, or explode etc...
(sry for my english ^^')
Last edited by kubaz9; Aug 4, 2009 at 01:48 PM.
Hi people.
I just started with Blender and here is my first animation.

I'd like to hear your opinion about it. (How long do animations like this one render on your pc?)
''The second industrial revolution has yet to be fully experienced by 17% of the world as nearly 1.3 billion people still lack access to electricity.''
Exactly as long as they take to play through. That animation can be done in real time if you just switch to GLSL view, since it relies on diffuse and specular shaders only, and no reflections and AO or shadows. (shadowbuffers can be drawn in real time too)
Thanks for the reply. The randering on this one took me 20 minutes :O
How can I set the settings as you said? The aniamtion is a medium quality quicktime movie btw.
''The second industrial revolution has yet to be fully experienced by 17% of the world as nearly 1.3 billion people still lack access to electricity.''