Ranking
Originally Posted by melrose View Post
I've been keeping up with the thread, even if some of these replies are just banter and only try to instigate members to join a bandwagon of negativity. That aside though, I do have some thoughts regarding the new comments, as some have raised concerns within matters that definitely are worth discussing further.

#BanAkinaFromPostingInHere please for the love of god Melrose.

I'm currently the person responsible for the Event Squad, and if the community really feels that a transparency report is needed, then I can provide a better insight into what the team does, or who has been a key player within a certain period of time.

Could be helpful I guess but personally it's not my role/job to look into this stuff as me looking at them won't change anything.

What I will not to do however is give a specific list of each member and their activity, this is just welcoming an environment which I would really not encourage in any way. This is a volunteer position after all, and I wouldn't want the team to feel pressured into anything beyond their own passion to provide for the community.

This is what I expected and agree with and same reason as I mentioned in the quote above, us seeing these numbers won't change anything.

There are members within the team that for personal reasons had to tend to other matters, resulting in temporary leave, and it'd be unfair to say they do nothing, when say the previous month they were one of said key members. For that reason I'm not convinced. I mean you know, I would be regarded as entirely inactive, because according to the criteria I haven't really hosted much for months, unless I was handling the process of finalising a members trial period.

I don't expect you to host much anyway as you lead that team but what my idea was to MAYBE add a period of time to be away until you'd consider them resigning or being fired? because at some points, those staff members are in these positions for months without hosting anything and not really even being seen.
Originally Posted by max View Post
I don't expect you to host much anyway as you lead that team but what my idea was to MAYBE add a period of time to be away until you'd consider them resigning or being fired? because at some points, those staff members are in these positions for months without hosting anything and not really even being seen.

melrose gave you a reasonable response as to why some ES members are less active than others yet you are still asking for their heads. I think it's safe to assume if an ES member didn't have a good reason for being inactive then they would be removed. It's not as if the ES is "full", there's nothing stopping a passionate player with mountains of free time from applying for the role.
Originally Posted by Corey View Post

melrose gave you a reasonable response as to why some ES members are less active than others yet you are still asking for their heads. I think it's safe to assume if an ES member didn't have a good reason for being inactive then they would be removed. It's not as if the ES is "full", there's nothing stopping a passionate player with mountains of free time from applying for the role.

This isn't entirely unreasonable as a point to make, because I understand that this could be just a bad look, but at the same time there was never a time when we said no to new members, unless we had 4 trials at the same time. I can admit to mishandling some specific cases, where we let someone stay around too long enough by doing less than bare minimum, but it's a constant dilemma of "that person has done some good things before, it'd be a shame to have them leave on bad relations, maybe they're going to show activity soon".

I've really considered making some changes to the structure of the team, basically rework how we approached hosting and what the goals are for our team, but always something else came around that took the time. With Swosh no longer around I'm planning to make some minor changes either way, might as well make this a preface to the true changes that will come in the future!! There are some exciting things coming though, can't really drop any ETA but this has to do with in-game tourneys wink wink

I don't expect you to host much anyway as you lead that team

I mean yeah, but there have been months when I was especially free and had time to pop out 30 tourneys a month even as lead, especially that for the longest time I was the sole person handling anything to do with trials. Right now it's all about doing the Nabi stuff, being lead and finally getting done with my bachelor degree. 2 months and I'm done with it, then expect huge things as a victory lap to celebrate academia > : )
Last edited by melrose; Apr 30, 2023 at 02:14 AM.
Originally Posted by Corey View Post

I'm not after anyone's head lad, I'm only suggesting my idea's and thoughts on what I think should happen and maybe give Melrose and or other admins an idea on some things, what I have been saying comes out harsh because it's the truth lad, stuff needs to change to make this community more lively and this is what I assume the nabi employees want to do now.

I know these staff members voluntarily moderate the game in different area's that being the forum or game but it does look awkward when someone hasn't been on in a couple of months and is still a staff member and this continuously happening will cause some drama.
-----
I've really considered making some changes to the structure of the team, basically rework how we approached hosting and what the goals are for our team, but always something else came around that took the time. With Swosh no longer around I'm planning to make some minor changes either way, might as well make this a preface to the true changes that will come in the future!! There are some exciting things coming though, can't really drop any ETA but this has to do with in-game tourneys wink wink

I mean yeah, but there have been months when I was especially free and had time to pop out 30 tourneys a month even as lead, especially that for the longest time I was the sole person handling anything to do with trials. Right now it's all about doing the Nabi stuff, being lead and finally getting done with my bachelor degree. 2 months and I'm done with it, then expect huge things as a victory lap to celebrate academia > : )

Now this is relieving knowing you lads are working towards changes
Last edited by max; Apr 30, 2023 at 07:27 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump

It's unpredictable in more ways than not how unassuming life can turn out, keeping us away from a game we love and cherish.

What you're speaking of happens all the time, with numerous cases being during my tenure. For obvious reasons of privacy, we do not disclose who's been removed for inactivity but I assure you we do have such measures in place.
. . .
list0 on Discord, reach out for inquiries.
Or send me a private message, I'm responsive.

[7:19 PM] Aliosa: Can't have loopholes if there are no loops.

[9:14 AM] Viddah: Just remember if you step on toes youre gonna have to suck on them to make the pain go away
[9:16 AM] [Faux_fan]ancient: put me in the screenshot
Probably unpopular opinion but removing inactive people does not improve activity.
No difference between a team that consists of 15 people but makes no events and a team of 3 people that does the same.
We should considered those ES members past or present have life , Jobs and family to take care of, and the fact that not to many people or toribash players were online everyday so it be hard to host a event if few people came to play, Of course I Read what you post but this game isnt popular anymore as it used to be rather we should apprieciate that their are some people or ES members that still host some events like tourneys once or twice a week and gave their time to do it even though their busy all the time, a factor also that is a problem is Time zones like im from the philippines and when an Es host a Etourney, it starts usually 1AM to 6AM in the morning and im very sleepy at that time and as a toribash player I rather appreciate and accept that this is how things work now.

Heck yeah i missed the old days where there were like 50 people each day lining up in a Etourney where also Legend or well known Players attends and plays events like this. those were the days.
Henry: "You're using Wikipedia as your source of information?"
Originally Posted by sir View Post
Probably unpopular opinion but removing inactive people does not improve activity.
No difference between a team that consists of 15 people but makes no events and a team of 3 people that does the same.

Now that’s a hot take
Signature
can't believe we just let these unpaid volunteers have hobbies and keep their colored name in an indie ragdoll game

they have a responsibility to personally save the game and make it go viral
Glimpsed