Toribash
Originally Posted by Noah View Post
What elo do you start at?

Also, I have yet to play ranked even though I have been playing a long time, win a lot of games, can fill every role, and I'm not an idiot.

400 games isnt really a lot
also looking at the item builds in your match history, i'd say not start ranked.
also you start at 1200 elo
im good at league
i barely ever check this forum anymore, to reach me go to my twitter
also when you play ranked.

You throw all logic and probabilities out the window in the 1000-1350 range.
Also knowing all roles isn't that good of a skill. I'd rather have a player that knows the ins and outs of all mid lane strategies, heroes, and abilities CDs than have an "all around" player.

Though it is good to know that people can play "out of their element" so to speak.

بسم الله الرحمان الرحيم

Originally Posted by Kat View Post
400 games isnt really a lot
also looking at the item builds in your match history, i'd say not start ranked.
also you start at 1200 elo

Oh, I've had a few accounts. I think my total isn't too much higher than 400 though.

And that item thing is one of the reasons why I don't want to start ranked. You can't build honey badger.
And I'm not ready to give up honey badger playstyle yet.

Originally Posted by Ed View Post

Also knowing all roles isn't that good of a skill. I'd rather have a player that knows the ins and outs of all mid lane strategies, heroes, and abilities CDs than have an "all around" player.

Though it is good to know that people can play "out of their element" so to speak.

I've lost touch with my skill in a single role's knowledge. Well, not so much as lost touch with it, but never really had it. Once I got out of my "wtf is this shit i dont understand anything why do i keep dying" phase after joining, my friend has always pushed me to be an all around general player, including learning all roles. I still suck dick as support though. Support tank, that works. Support support, that doesn't work for me.

Anyways, I don't have a best of any of the other roles. But do any of you have any tips if I want to slowly transition into a ranked player without dropping to 500 elo in the process?
[Chess]
daddy kill the spider
Rengar feels broke as fuck. Manaless champ with high as hell damage on his Q, and insane survivability with his W.
nyan :3
Youtube Channel i sometimes post videos of other games
Originally Posted by Oracle View Post
Rengar feels broke as fuck. Manaless champ with high as hell damage on his Q, and insane survivability with his W.

Our Rengar manged to kill himself twice in his own jungle. last thing I heard him saying was something along the lines of "Never again..".

Dominated the top lane with him fairly well tho. :P

You throw all logic and probabilities out the window in the 1000-1350 range..

..This doesn't even start to descripe the horrors of SoloQ...

If you really want to play rankeds, you need to be able to carry hard.

If lane or two feeds, then you just have to be better fed and carry the game.

Playing as a support and you haven't warded Baron in 10 minutes in (spawns at 15:00), which allows top to get ganked? Your fault.

Lane overextends constantly and doesn't know what wards are? Your fault.

You happen to get a kill in a team fight with Sunfire Cape/Ali's Passive/Rammus' ulti/Sorakas' bananas? Your fault and the AD carry/AP carry decides to throw the game and report you for stealing his kills.

In a nutshell:

You either carry, get carried or lose the game. There's no midle ground.
Last edited by Dargon; Aug 22, 2012 at 04:04 AM.
Was playing a game on the smurf with my friend at about ~1400 elo. Had a Skarner throw so hard. Engaged 4v5 for absolutely no reason.
[Urban] | Ormo | Team Sambo

I'm taking offers for my set
Originally Posted by Dargon View Post
Our Rengar manged to kill himself twice in his own jungle. last thing I heard him saying was something along the lines of "Never again..".

He's a bad jungle and he should feel bad about it. First time I jungled with him, start wraiths to red, insta-gank bot as soon as they arrived, easy first blood.
nyan :3
Youtube Channel i sometimes post videos of other games

Uric + Ed duo op.
New Zealand
~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~
PM Erth, he loves it.
~~~~~~~~~~
<~Lightningkid> I'm a spiteful dickhead
<Muur> Ah, good old Dutch Wall Sex..
<~Fish> I love handling dicks
Uric + Ed + Coca isn't a duo.
nub
New Zealand