Toribash
Originally Posted by DanWebb11 View Post
Also the back of the head, the black part seems so different, and out of place. Not sure if youre done with the head or not, but it looks awesome otherwise.

well actually it isnt black it does look black if youre looking at your computer from an angle that the light show everything a bit darker or if your screen darkness is down but it is not black
Much shmexiness
are you sure you are human? i mean what the heck this is amazing go and end this man alot are waiting for the finished project
and about the spine its a good idiea but its your choice
I've always been a fan of your work, really inspired me to go through with simple robotics.
Now I must say this, when you started using textures you started losing my interest.
Your style is so very clean and tight, in my eyes you really ruin a great piece of work by adding a random texture.

Instead of using other people's textures, draw the cuts and grinds yourself, Anime/Cartoon style.
I'm certain that it will fit the texture and make it look even better.

If you're not willing to spend the extra time I'd leave out the texture completely.
It's just an image thrown over the texture you've worked hard on, it deserves more than that.
Fr3styL . Improving by Improvising
I'm an artist.
You kidding, he probably photographed the verdigris himself!

On point, using existing grunge cuts and stuff is acceptable.

Why reinvent the wheel? If you made the effort to make each cut and scrape and got the same effect as copy/pasting... y'all just wasted your time.
That's not what I meant.
The texture overlay makes the texture look grainy and messy.
On top of that comes the fact that it doesn't map well, whilst the rest maps perfectly.
It's not about reinventing the wheel, it's about making a very great texture even better.
I know I'm moping about a minor thing but still, I think it's very important.

Here are some examples of what I mean:

LARGE

LARGE

Especially on the second picture you can clearly see what I mean.
They draw simple imperfections to simulate metal. I think this will look way cleaner than the texture overlay.

Also, hanz0, I'm so annoying because I need to find something to help you get better,
I can't say a lot about the mapping other than personal preference, same with the style.
This is the only point where I see a clear improvement possible.
So take it as a compliment ;]
Fr3styL . Improving by Improvising
I'm an artist.
AlphasoniK: Noted, I've been taking a bit of a break from working on it but it's easy to go back and mess with the texture stuff.

Gotten a bit stymied with the bottom half of the torso, will probably go back and mess with the arms/texture overlay stuff before trying to finish that.

"i wish i could do that ken watanabe face where his eyes are really wide" -siku 2015
DONSELUKE, MASTER OF LAWSUIT
if you love america please sign this petition
B&B&B&
I'm on vacation 'til the 19th so I obviously won't be working on it now, but before I left I'd started to rethink a lot of the torso and arms. Hopefully I can start fleshing the ideas out when I get back.

"i wish i could do that ken watanabe face where his eyes are really wide" -siku 2015
B&B&B&
Started redoing the torso. Simplified shapes a bit while hopefully maintaining some interesting 'splashes'. Haven't applied pattern overlay/gradient/whatever (Just stroke so I can differentiate elements for now) because I'm considering redoing that stylistic bit as AlphasoniK suggested previously.

B&B&B&