Endurance Onslaught 6.0
Originally Posted by IceShadow View Post
When people who aren't musicians want to hear music they don't care how hard it is to play music they just want to hear the stuff they like. Hence, the creation of Pop Music. Music designed to make money and get radio play. Artists like Justin Bieber don't sing for the art and meaning, they sing and perform as a business venture and a way to make money. I gurantee you that if there were no money involved in the Music business, many artists out there without talent wouldn't be here today, sadly, this isn't the case.

This is why I hate most rap music now. Not because I'm racist, or because I have a limited taste in music. It's because their lyrics consist of nothing but bitches, money, and cars. That's what the people want to hear about, not government corruption (Rage against the machine). But if they don't want to hear about the fucked up assholes controlling our every move then why do they listen to RATM? Because they are talented. I love it when artist who stand up for something get famous, because they're reaching the goal the set when they started the band. More artist need to sit down and think about why they are starting a music career. If you can't see yourself playing guitar without a dime in your pocket, and remaining happy, then don't commit yourself to the industry.
Again, the majority of listeners are the ones to blame. They are the ones longing for the sound and general theme that rappers and pop artists pump out. There are acceptions of course in listeners are care for deep meaning surrounded by great music. This is where avid rap listeners come into play. The fact is, there are many rappers out there that write for the sheer poetry adn emotion for it and you can't put their genre of music aside just because of the business venture side of rap (money, bitches, clubs).

Same goes for Rock bands. There are still bands that produce a great sound yet use cliches and certain topics to exploit the ability to make music off of their minimal talents.

[RAWR]NutHug: I CAN MAKE DIAPER BROWN
Originally Posted by Hyde View Post
No. Talent is a defined word.

Natural aptitude. Not 'skill attained through hard work'.

So some people can't scream better than others?

By better, that could be louder, longer, stronger, etc.
T0ribush: I could not get into two worlds even if my life depended on it.
ಠ_ಠ ಥ_ಥ
Originally Posted by JesseBean View Post
This is why I hate most rap music now. Not because I'm racist, or because I have a limited taste in music. It's because their lyrics consist of nothing but bitches, money, and cars. That's what the people want to hear about, not government corruption (Rage against the machine). But if they don't want to hear about the fucked up assholes controlling our every move then why do they listen to RATM? Because they are talented. I love it when artist who stand up for something get famous, because they're reaching the goal the set when they started the band. More artist need to sit down and think about why they are starting a music career. If you can't see yourself playing guitar without a dime in your pocket, and remaining happy, then don't commit yourself to the industry.

They do it for money. Everythings about money,bitches, and cars. You either make it or you dont. Thats why lil wayne joined the industry. Because he thought he was talented andnhe could be the next tupac or biggie. And screaming isn't really a talent unless its like beyonce or singing screaming or whatever.
-----
Originally Posted by IceShadow View Post
When people who aren't musicians want to hear music they don't care how hard it is to play music they just want to hear the stuff they like.

I listen to my favorite music types and i always try to copy or create my own beat. Whether on my sis's piano or two pencils on a desk. I dont think we just want to hear music to hear music. I think we hear music to have something to relate to or to bob our heads to.
Last edited by Twankie; Oct 8, 2011 at 07:20 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Your signature has been banned because it draws in hate. Thank you, Toribash Community.
Talent isn't related to working hard, Talent is a natural aptitude. If I picked up a gun and you picked up a gun for the first time, and I hit you and you died, after you missed, then I am obviously more talented at it then you.

So someone who has never sung a single tone is hence the best artist in the world? If we follow your way at looking at things I'm probably the worlds best pilot as well, cause none has ever proved the other...

Why would I? I like my vocal chords the way they are. Why would I want to ruin them? Look at Corey Taylor, from your slipknot example. He can barely talk, and sounds hoarse 100% of the time.

Yeah, lets take some old faggots then, Keith Richard, Stevie Nicks, Elton John, Mary Travers, Joni Mitchell, Paul McCartney, Philip Bailey, Ozzy Osbourne, Steve Walsh, Bob Dylan, Chaka Khan, Aretha Franklin, Dionne Warwick, James Brown, Bobby Bland, and Wilson Pickett. Now all of these once had a extraordinary good voice, but being a musician is a hard path to walk, just compare them from their good old days to the "pressent" or "latest performance".

Then there are some examples of metal singers as well, just take Disturbed and compare their early music with "Asylum".
Now doing recoloring for people not in the clan as-well, PM for more info!
PROUD OWNER OF THORN'S GOOD ENOUGH WRITER AWARD!
Ya Rage Against The Machine have nice messages in their music like...
Bulls On parade
Killing in the name
and others.
Originally Posted by UltraViolent View Post
See sublimanely,You think you're correct.

He is correct, music is good if it sounds good.

edit: I have no idea what happened, but there was only 3 pages when I wrote this post.
[duck] 01101000 01101001 01110000 01101111 01110100 01101001 01100010 01101111 01110010
Originally Posted by Smogard49 View Post
So someone who has never sung a single tone is hence the best artist in the world? If we follow your way at looking at things I'm probably the worlds best pilot as well, cause none has ever proved the other...

How does that even make sense? Thats nowhere close to what I was saying. Naturally, someone can be the best singer/pilot on the planet, without even trying. Working hard =! talent. If you work hard and are good, it isn't talent, its hard work. Way to entirely understand what I was talking about ^_^

Yeah, lets take some old faggots then, Keith Richard, Stevie Nicks, Elton John, Mary Travers, Joni Mitchell, Paul McCartney, Philip Bailey, Ozzy Osbourne, Steve Walsh, Bob Dylan, Chaka Khan, Aretha Franklin, Dionne Warwick, James Brown, Bobby Bland, and Wilson Pickett. Now all of these once had a extraordinary good voice, but being a musician is a hard path to walk, just compare them from their good old days to the "pressent" or "latest performance".

No idea what you were trying to say here, but you forgot Michael Jackson.

Then there are some examples of metal singers as well, just take Disturbed and compare their early music with "Asylum".
Ok...?

What were you even trying to refute?
Hoss.
Herp derp I dont like x genre of music so it clearly doesnt take talent at all lolololololol rofl xD I'm so clever

Time for the most basic rebuttal which will shut you down. If it takes no talent, why aren't you making electronic music and making "millions" etc etc
Originally Posted by Megadoomer View Post
Herp derp I dont like x genre of music so it clearly doesnt take talent at all lolololololol rofl xD I'm so clever

Time for the most basic rebuttal which will shut you down. If it takes no talent, why aren't you making electronic music and making "millions" etc etc

No racism intended but Im not black and I can't talk fast.And why the fuck would I want to do something I Hate??