View Poll Results: Metal or rap
Metal
47 Votes / 70.15%
Rap/R&B
20 Votes / 29.85%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll
View Poll Results

Originally Posted by SporeCc View Post
That doesn't make sense. Also, you're wrong. Sabbath predated Zeppelin, as did the Yardbirds, who by training Page, Clapton and Beck, were also important in the development of heavier music. In addition, the distorted heavy sound of the Kinks back in '64 also predated Zeppelin. In case you didn't know, Zeppelin was mostly a blues rock band in their earlier days. They only started making truly heavy rock as we know it around Led Zeppelin III.

Way to be wrong. Ever heard of Communication Breakdown and Dazed and Confused? They were on I, which came out in 1969.
i have a totally post modern tattoo of a scalene triangle.
<DeadorK> fair maiden
<DeadorK> if the cum is going to be in your mouth
<DeadorK> it shall be in mine as well
Originally Posted by War_Hero View Post
Way to be wrong. Ever heard of Communication Breakdown and Dazed and Confused? They were on I, which came out in 1969.

Those are only two songs though, man. Spore's point covers all of early Zeppelin.
I have left Toribash, but will drop in occasionally on the forums and IRC. Still in Sigma.
What about II then? It is waaaaay heavier than III
<DeadorK> fair maiden

I think my point was slightly misconstrued here. On Led Zeppelin (the album), there were truly heavy songs. Communication Breakdown, as you mentioned, was a good example of this. However, the simple structure and relatively careless musicianship of the song itself made it a great model for punk in years to come, not "metal" as many know it today. Dazed and Confused, on the other hand, was a blues rock song, something that Led Zeppelin did very well on II in the next few years. Blues rock is,again, not metal as we know it today. Compare both of those songs, plus all of II to early Black Sabbath. They are quite different styles of music, despite perhaps sounding similar at first listen. Sorry if my previous posts made me sound stupid, War_Hero, as I believe I was misunderstood. Also, Immigrant Song (III) was Zeppelin's first "metal" song, if you will, although the definition of that term is very loose.

DISCLAIMER: I am not taking sides in a Black Sabbath vs Led Zeppelin argument. I am just stating opinions and facts.
Last edited by SporeCc; Apr 21, 2009 at 04:26 AM.
I see your point now. Black sabbath is much darker and heavier. I was just a little confused when you mentioned III, the mostly acoustic album.
<DeadorK> fair maiden
Originally Posted by SporeCc View Post
Also, Immigrant Song (III) was Zeppelin's first "metal" song, if you will, although the definition of that term is very loose.

That was my point. Not about the album overall. And sorry for the misunderstanding.
Originally Posted by Juntalis View Post
Why is Rap and R&B grouped together? I didn't know that having mostly black artists makes it the same genre.

You're totally right. Try thinking before making stupid comparison threads guys.
Originally Posted by ToXiKz View Post
on my cousins request,

Choose. Time to prove it.

Prove what.
That a population predominantly made up of nerds love metal?
What a discovery!

And also, Rap is not even close to the same genre as R&B. =/
[02:19] <Dr_Strangelove> nearly 3 hours of nobody saying a word
[02:19] * Tamer0 is now known as TamerAfk
[02:19] <Dr_Strangelove> gg toribash
[02:19] <+hampa> gg
It used to be and the Rap/R&B label has stuck.
<DeadorK> fair maiden
It used to be and the Rap/R&B label has stuck.

Hmm, still... What the shit.
Hip hop and rap would be slightly better, if you grouped them together, but even they are not the same.
[02:19] <Dr_Strangelove> nearly 3 hours of nobody saying a word
[02:19] * Tamer0 is now known as TamerAfk
[02:19] <Dr_Strangelove> gg toribash
[02:19] <+hampa> gg