Endurance Onslaught 6.0
Original Post
Spider man is a BUSTA! A replay comp.
Hello all. This replay competition is open to anyone who wants to enter. OLDA members will get a secret bonus if they win/impress. But anyone in the Toribash forums is welcome to try for the prize.

The rules of the competition are as follows.

You may enter 2 replays. The replays must be made in env2.TBM. The max length of the replays is 5000 frames. The DM is 100. Here is where it gets interesting the gravity can be what ever you want. (the lower the number, the lighter you are btw.)

The goal of the replays will be to leap from building to building with grace and style, like Spider man without the web. The more buildings you reach the better.

The replay that wins will reach multiple buildings in a truly nice looking manner. Having a higher gravity setting will give your replay more points as far as skill is goes, but style and grace are the main elements to shoot for aside from multiple building landings.

The competition will have a bonus section for those who feel like trying. In env.2.TBM there is a building that is balls fell offher away then any other buildings. It sticks out pretty badly but I have made a diagram anyways. If you can make it to the top of this building you will win 9k T.C.s regardless of wether or not you win the over all comp. (the bonus will be given to the first person to do it.

First prize. 30k T.C.s
Second prize. Jack.
Third prize. Nothing.

The contest will be over September 16th. That gives you...some time.

There have been some troubles with Camera veiws. Here is a script that may help. Press 7 and it will focus on your Tori for you. Credit to eveyone who had a hand in the script. http://forum.toribash.com/showthread...ghlight=camera

Judges.
Deady.
Skulfuk
Rutzor.

The Second part of the contest (for 9k) is over.The winner is Phoenix333

I will attach a replay to give you an idea of what I mean. In mine I lose my head and only reach one building though, the winning replay will be better, with no DM's.

O.k. I think that is all. If anyone see's anything i forgot please post about it. Also, if you try to cheat, you will be caught....and NO TELEPORTING!
Attached Files
DeadyIsABadExample.rpl (74.6 KB, 74 views)
Last edited by deady; Sep 4, 2008 at 06:55 AM.
Organisation of Awesome: Member.
Of course Deady is dead. Otherwise his name would be Alivey.

Sorry, for the delay everyone. My work and school responsibilitys have gotten the better of me in the past couple of weeks and, as I told Lutheus a few days ago in game, its been difficult for me to remember to pick a winner. Thank you all for entering and thank you Rutzor and Skulfuk for judging and apologizing in my place .

Hmm, anything else...Oh yeah, the winners :P (<<notice the "s"?)

This was a difficult competition to judge. Honestly I'm still not sure if I made the "best" choices. Someone said earlier in the thread that they weren't sure how the judging would be done, honestly neither was I. But after watching the replays again, many of them several times, I feel confident in my top three, and if you aren't in the top three don't worry, there are several honorable mentions who will also win a prize

ok, here it is.

3rd place. KoEDeath 10k I enjoyed your replay Though there were several spots were you hung around one single building, it was also rather stylish and I like your end pose. Also using double gravity impressed me a lot. The open gravity was originally put in the comp so people could use less gravity, you did the exact opposite and managed to have one of the best replays around.

2nd place. C0XY 15k Even though I couldn't see your first entry because the camera focused on toris abs and wouldn't go anywhere else, your final replay impressed me greatly and the creativity of your replays on the whole is the only reasons there is more then a first place prize now. You were very close to winning first.

1st place. Lutheus13 30k Your replays were stylish, creative and fun to watch. It was the second replay that convinced me. Congrats on being 30k richer

Again, thank you all for entering and if you aren't listed here keep an eye on you mail box as I will be sending out the honorable mentions some time soon.
Organisation of Awesome: Member.
Thanks again Deady for a successful Replay Comp i really enjoyed it And it was quite a challenge. Congrats to all the other finishers and thanks to the judges.