Endurance Onslaught 6.0
I like the contrast of dark and light,
give it more detail and finish it and itll look great :3
[19:59] <Lazors> man it's a good thing people don't see what i write here
i actually like the flat colour.
start messing with the brightness, the torso is a fair bit darker than the joints.

nifty mapping between the joints and the torso.
but be careful with that mapping though, dont just do it because "needs mapping", otherwise it starts falling into your "detail for details sake" argument/debate.

cant really visualize what the structure of the torso is actually doing, but then again, you havent added any of the depth elements to it yet, so its too early to say.
-=Art is never finished, only abandoned=-
I really like the design, though I would worry a little about how the chest/lumbar area would look when its moving a lot ingame.

I freaking love the look of it still and I would love to see it 100% complete and finished
Originally Posted by BenDover View Post
i actually like the flat colour.
start messing with the brightness, the torso is a fair bit darker than the joints.

Yeah, I actually do too. Will probably mock everything up like that in the end and then do a pass over it for depth/etc. Not sure what's up with the brightness thing, it looked okay to me ingame and they're using the same shades.

Originally Posted by BenDover View Post
nifty mapping between the joints and the torso.
but be careful with that mapping though, dont just do it because "needs mapping", otherwise it starts falling into your "detail for details sake" argument/debate.

cant really visualize what the structure of the torso is actually doing, but then again, you havent added any of the depth elements to it yet, so its too early to say.

Yeah, I'm trying to avoid having too many bits that flow between joints/blocks because a. it's a pain and b. sometimes it doesn't necessarily make sense. The idea of the torso is to have separate 'island' plates for parts like the pecs that are moving around a lot, similar idea for the chest which has a lot of movement around it, and lumbar will be split in half vertically where there's bending. As TomW said there's a chance it'll look a bit odd when it's moving ingame (and what texture set doesn't, really) but I think as far as "how armor would actually be designed" it makes some sense.

"i wish i could do that ken watanabe face where his eyes are really wide" -siku 2015
DONSELUKE, MASTER OF LAWSUIT
if you love america please sign this petition
B&B&B&
Looks great, hanz0.

An idea for the torso mapping could be to continue the line you see from the front horizontally on the part where you can't see it anymore, that way when you extend or retract your chest it looks like the parts are moving on rails.

I hope this is clear enough, otherwise I'll make a drawing explaining it.
I just woke up so my English isn't tippy tops yet.

Will check in regularly to see how this is progressing :]
I'm very curious to see if this will be the best set ever.
Fr3styL . Improving by Improvising
I'm an artist.