Toribash
Original Post
[Tex] C/E Dragon Speed make
so this is a speed making of a dragon head wips while i work will be here (will most likely be completed in an hour

Original Picture

Wip 1

Wip 2

Done!

Spinners

Time to Finish it was: 36 Min
Last edited by JanoSoul; Sep 30, 2012 at 11:09 AM.
(Look for me in the art/textures forum) My Store (if closed pm me an offer)
I would prefer c/p ( copy and paste ) better. You didn't really edit it in any way. Mirrored it and just ADDED (imo it isn't editing if you only add a pattern behind the copied part) a pattern underneath it.

To me the outcome is what matters but this is just bad. Top mapping is bad. The mirroring seam at the back is bad. The spinnies don't even look that good.

Let me get you a tip. Instead of copying the whole image and cutting small pieces out from it, take small parts and put them on the head and edit them to fit in there.
For example. You could have taken the eyes from the source pic and edit them to fit on the flat. Then take those spikes/horns and add them. Then fill the empty areas with scales and the likes and voilá, you have a head : )
Oh and realistic heads shouldn't be mirrored, unless if they are robotic. But you should always be careful with mirroring.
Want to join GATA?Apply here
Free textures
yeah i could have done a LOT better than this xD this was a speed make but if i take my time i could make something like this

From this

To this

Originally Posted by JanoSoul View Post
yeah i could have done a LOT better than this xD this was a speed make but if i take my time i could make something like this

From this

To this

This is probably the worst example. I could do this by just copying one half of the source and mirroring it. Sometimes it gives a nice outcome but usually the back looks bad as in your head right there.
Free textures
Originally Posted by aerox21 View Post
This is probably the worst example. I could do this by just copying one half of the source and mirroring it. Sometimes it gives a nice outcome but usually the back looks bad as in your head right there.

do it then? you keep putting my stuff down so now i wanna see if you could do it
he has already done it. years ago.
about half of the CP heads in this thread were donated by aerox, not to mention the other styles he has contributed or the textures he has sold over his 4 year texturing career.
http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=114379

we've had our fair share of great CP texturers (vermine and aerox mainly come to mind), and our fair share of not so great CP texturers over the years.
your editing method is pretty simplistic, and could use more planning. the entire focus of your heads are the copied image on the front of the head, while the rest of the texture is of a much lower quality.

aerox's advice was meant to be constructive, not an attack on you. constructive criticism is encouraged and enforced in the art board, so youd best learn how to accept criticism of your works.
take his advice, use it and learn from it.
-=Art is never finished, only abandoned=-
those are really good but it doesnt seem constructive at all >.> it seems like he is insulting me so my words naturally become hostile
Sorry about those harsh words. Made a quickie for you Didn't really plan it or anything. just slapped some parts there which looked cool and filled the empty areas with more coolness.

pic

Free textures