Toribash
Original Post
[WiP] My First Robot Texture =D
Okay so I figured all the good texturers are retiring so its time for me to get back into the game a bit, so here we are:

I'll work on it some more later, yeah I don't have shaders, but I bet it looks beastly. Its like tribal robot powah!

Better screenshots, and the completed set coming tonight!!
(Hive people only, haha!)
i dont see much else besides the tribals. and figurative hands.
colours and making things glow doesnt make things robotic
-=Art is never finished, only abandoned=-
Originally Posted by BenDover View Post
i dont see much else besides the tribals. and figurative hands.
colours and making things glow doesnt make things robotic

=( what does then? o.o and you can't see the sides of the thighs or the back of the legs.
robots are functional, therfor the armour should be fairly functional looking aswell.
if ur gna use brushes to make the designs for the armour, then u must make it look like it serves some sort of purpose
example:
the head on this set looks like a helmet of sorts. but its not really much more than a brush, placed correctly. if u can apply the same principle to the body textures, filling in gaps and making it look like its there for a reason, then u may be able to get a robotic look. but more armourish than robotic. robotic is a little more tricky when it comes to using a brush
-=Art is never finished, only abandoned=-
Hrm.. okay time for some free hand sex with mah pen tool. I think imma scrap this one and start with somethin fresh.