Ranking
Original Post
+'C' Key Ghosting.
I've tried opening three releases of Toribash, 3.2, 3.6 and 3.8, and in all three, my [C] key seems to be going on the fritz. In other windows, there is no issue with the key, seeing as there isn't a [C] in between every letter as I type.

In the game, hold/relaxes at random making it impossible to play, and in the replay menu, it keeps jumping to the C names (same with mods). I opened the tutorial in 3.8, and in the part where it shows if C is pressed, it mostly did not light up, but here and there, it lit up on its own.

If anyone knows why my C key is acting up, I'd appreciate some help.

I'm on an HP laptop, but all my keyboard drivers claim to be up to date. I haven't tried an external keyboard yet because there's none around until I go home to my desktop.

---
For what it's worth, I've coined the term ghosting for this purpose, I'm aware it's not the proper term, but i couldn't think of what was...
Last edited by Kei; Jan 21, 2010 at 10:19 AM. Reason: definition
I think I may know what the problem is. This laptop (also Vista 64) has a load of stupid extra keys & buttons, and if any of them are used it does a combination of normal keys.

eg. using the volume control sends SHIFT+SPACE+RIGHT CURSOR (why it doesn't use FN I don't know)

I cured it by removing the keyboards hotkey software, now it acts like a normal keyboard & the extra keys still work. I never had any actual ghosting, but I wouldn't be surprised if something like that was to blame.

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
I was thinking it was something like that, but rather enjoy the media controls, so was hesitant to remove them. After the suggestion, I gave it a shot having connected it to the sporadic volume controls I am afflicted with, and surelly enough, there it was.

You where right on. Thanks for the help!
"Kei
Awesome! \o/

Don't worry about the controls, they'll still work with most applications without the app. Any they don't will have a key config somewhere that you can manually set to them.

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you