Endurance Onslaught 6.0
Original Post
Toribash Is Slow
Okey this is wierd but if I have Windows Aero ( I Have Windows Vista) I Doesnt Lag Toribash But When I Turn Off Windows Aero it lags why? o.o'
What do you mean by "lags"?

Do you mean the Toribash website is slow or do you mean the Toribash games FPS is low?

If it's low, you can go to options and set the Frame Rate to 60.
[T] | ORMO
[20:18] <@Cevius> Like semen?
Originally Posted by EliteJoker View Post
Okey this is wierd but if I have Windows Aero ( I Have Windows Vista) I Doesnt Lag Toribash But When I Turn Off Windows Aero it lags why? o.o'

Its wierd, since Vindows Aero kinda slows down your graphics card.
Seems like Toribash needs your GFX card at full capacity, which is only given when Windows Aero is on.

Vox sucks
[10:14]<siku> magnificent sparkling vampire
[10:14]<siku> i love you edward

Official minibash tester. Please email [email protected] if you have found a bug!

Aero is a strange beast indeed, so allow me to slightly enlighten you on one of MS' biggest fuckups.

Back in the good 'ol days, you had a trouble shooting option for graphics cards, where you would change the acceleration level for your desktop (it was mostly to stop visual corruption of the mouse pointer). It didn't interfere with DirectX due to it having it's hardware layer separate to GDI's layer, however it crippled OpenGL because it used the GDI layer to talk to hardware.

Skip several versions off windows & you hit Vista.

On versions of Vista with Aero, they tied the desktop's acceleration to Aero's options. It was a pretty logical decision TBH (accelerated desktop trouble shooter inside an accelerated desktop), but there's problems.

Turn off Aero and your DirectX games will run faster because Aero uses DirectX to render itself, but OpenGL apps once again suffer because it turns off the acceleration it needs.

To make matters more complicated it's also hardware & driver dependant! A few drivers were written with the good sense to separate GL from the rest, but things like that are soon forgotten in future versions.

If you have slowdown problems with Aero off, and you actually want Aero turned off the best solution is to just uninstall Aero.

History lesson over ;)

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
no the toribash game lags when i move my mouse over the window and it only happens when i have windows aero off

--merged--

Originally Posted by skulfuk View Post
Aero is a strange beast indeed, so allow me to slightly enlighten you on one of MS' biggest fuckups.

Back in the good 'ol days, you had a trouble shooting option for graphics cards, where you would change the acceleration level for your desktop (it was mostly to stop visual corruption of the mouse pointer). It didn't interfere with DirectX due to it having it's hardware layer separate to GDI's layer, however it crippled OpenGL because it used the GDI layer to talk to hardware.

Skip several versions off windows & you hit Vista.

On versions of Vista with Aero, they tied the desktop's acceleration to Aero's options. It was a pretty logical decision TBH (accelerated desktop trouble shooter inside an accelerated desktop), but there's problems.

Turn off Aero and your DirectX games will run faster because Aero uses DirectX to render itself, but OpenGL apps once again suffer because it turns off the acceleration it needs.

To make matters more complicated it's also hardware & driver dependant! A few drivers were written with the good sense to separate GL from the rest, but things like that are soon forgotten in future versions.

If you have slowdown problems with Aero off, and you actually want Aero turned off the best solution is to just uninstall Aero.

History lesson over ;)

lol thanks, i guess i might switch back to Windows XP
Last edited by SkulFuk; Jul 7, 2009 at 03:20 AM. Reason: double post n stuff.