Toribash
Original Post
server
my servers won't update, like the mindfuck tourney is still there? and each time i enter a server i choose (custom) they are like made from LAST NIGHT so when i enter all they just do is make my OWN room
Originally Posted by Bio-Helix View Post
Mmkay, some glitch and bugs on TB this time sux ass, sorry for my french...

and deja it's my flipflop

Originally Posted by DejaVu View Post
Just stop playing TB for a while, until Hampa or somebody releases an update which fixes the problem. I am already doing this, and I am working up to an ub3r member. Well, now I should stop typing, or I will be marked for spam. Like that time when I was in dubya dubya 2, I was throwin' 'nades like a jackass out of the bunker. Suddenly, a voice came through my headset saying to stop bein' such a fag an to stop spammin nades. I didn't listen to him, an i got banned from the serva. Now the lesson here is, don't spam, kids.
... what were we talkin' 'bout?

He doesn't need to. Just because you can't update a server now, you can't play Toribash? Just play in other servers.
Unfortunately, "server" isn't accurate word for what is happening in TB multiplayer. Better to call'em "rooms", which located on 66.230.225.210. There still no possibility to run own TB server in intranet except for using 2.7 version, which have it's own tb_server.exe and servers.txt.

Damn, it's really dissapointed me, coz I was really glad reading "+ Create your own servers and host your own mods." in that e-mail from Gman80. It was false hope.
You can own a server, Dexus! You just need TB 3.4. An intranet is a link between 2 or more computers in a closed network. If you have internet (which I know you have because you posted here) and 3.4, you can have your own server. As for the topic at hand, just do something else like post in the forums or surf youtube if you're bothered by the new Toribash.
Some people kick ass. I think a kick in the balls works is more effective. If you have AHDH or ADD, Click here! Proud eater of breakfast! Visit my shop! Support Decoleman!
Bukkitgod, am I not clear enough?
I said about multiplayer TB inside ISOLATED network (that called INTRAnet). And it's not the case in tb>2.7
The word "server" in this case is pretty deceiving. The truth is that these "servers" are simple rooms on particular TB internet server.

And, there is no simple way to have my own TB server, that will work in intranet and allow me and my homemates/friends play without going out external internet.

Well, if I'll put some fix on system32/hosts (www.toribash.com, forum.toribash.com, content.toribash.com) on every our intranet PC and if I'll make fake toribash forum/content server plus fake IRC interchange server, there is possibility to run my own server. But it's too complicated. Much easer is to use v2.7.

P.S.: As for me, I do really have internet. But lot of my friends and homemates have not. There is distressing dependence on internet in version>2.7, that do not allow us to enjoy this game.
Last edited by Dexus; Aug 24, 2008 at 12:41 PM.