Ranking
Original Post
Making an upgrade...
I have $400 to spend on computer parts...

Here's my specs..

- Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4400+, MMX, 3DNow (2 CPUs), ~2.3GHz

- Memory: 2 Gb RAM

- Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GT 1GB GDDR3

- Hard Drive: 160 GB

Now here's the things I want...

- Western Digital Caviar Blue 250GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive

- ECS BLACK SERIES AM2+/AM3 NVIDIA GeForce 8200 HDMI ATX AMD Motherboard

- ZOTAC GeForce 9800 GT 1GB GDDR3 SLI Support Video Card

- A 600W PSU

- Two 1 GB DDR2 RAM

- AMD Athlon II X2 240 Regor 2.8GHz AM3 Dual-Core Processor

If you guess can give me links to reasonable priced items I will be very happy.
Proud leader of [TANG]
Old Schooler
Originally Posted by jaredvcxz View Post
Just try newegg.com. They tend to have the best prices.

That's where I shop at you silly goose
Proud leader of [TANG]
Old Schooler
Remember if your monitor screen resolution is 1600X900 to up you should get a 1GB mb video card, But if you hav a 1440X900 to below you need 512MB video card memory, and make your video card a 9800GT 512mb to get more money to buy a AMD Atlon II X4 620 or 610 >Quadcore CPU's Get more Preformance than Dual cores.
Originally Posted by Stonewall View Post
You're stupid to be buying DDR2 memory when you can have DDR3 at nearly the same price.

You're stupid for not knowing that his motherboard probably doesn't support DDR3.
i liek turtelz xd
ZOTAC GeForce 9800 GT 1GB GDDR3 SLI Support Video Card

Pesonally I wouldn't buy that one when you have better options available for a similar price and better efficiency. For example the cheap ATI Radeon 4770.
Its one of the best choices in "price vs performance" and "efficiency/temperature vs performance" available.

Originally Posted by jaredvcxz View Post
You're stupid for not knowing that his motherboard probably doesn't support DDR3.

QFT...

Originally Posted by kenork493 View Post
get more money to buy a AMD Atlon II X4 620 or 610 >Quadcore CPU's Get more Preformance than Dual cores.

Not exactly true. Actually its a fact that most games aren't optimized for multiple cores yet, making it a better (and cheaper) choice to buy a dual core with a much higher clock rate and FSB than those we can find in quad cores which usually have lower clock rates and because these last ones tend to be pricey.

Originally Posted by DesiTwist View Post
- A 600W PSU

Personally I would recommend you to get a decent PSU. And those specs don't seem to need more than a good ~450W PSU such as the ones made by Corsair or Seasonic...
Last edited by GenkiSudo; Jan 18, 2010 at 11:54 PM.
"There is enough on earth for everybody's need, but not for everyone's greed." - Mohandas Gandhi
Originally Posted by DesiTwist View Post
I might get another GPU to run SLI, that's why I need a 600w PSU

That would be a waste of money in my opinion, specially if you're aiming for consciously cheap solutions... specially on the long run. It wastes too much electricity and you'll never be able to fully double the performance of the GPU's. Its always a better option to get a recent and affordable GPU than invest in SLI or Crossfire. Cuz if you don't, your electricity bills will hurt like hell. lol
"There is enough on earth for everybody's need, but not for everyone's greed." - Mohandas Gandhi