Toribash
Original Post
How do I do cool photoshopping stuff?
You know like the stuff in the thread for photoshop in the section for Art. I was wondering how do I make cool stuff like that? I have gimp. Posted here so I don't get dumb answers in wibbles ^^
Better posted in Art.

It's not really hard to make something cool*
What do you have in mind?

*implying you have a bit of experience
[10:17][10:50] <diskimage> Where can I find the Toribash license?
Like the things the people add to photos to make it look like it's really there how do you do that? Like one guy made the wall like a beach with an ocean how would you do that? so that the things in the way of the wall are still in the way
just look for tutorials. plenty of tutorials on the web. Just google it.

Tutorials such as this one: http://en.gentoo-wiki.com/wiki/GIMP_Fractal_Backgrounds
"There is enough on earth for everybody's need, but not for everyone's greed." - Mohandas Gandhi
Tutorials work good, they help you learn to use different aspects about photoshop. you would think that it would only teach you to make that one image but you learn how to use the parts. Or get an all in one book so you dont have to switch between windows
you could use the selector tool to get the wall section. Then paste a beach image on there. Of course, depending on how good it was, there are probably effects he did with lighting to make it look like the sun was shining from the beach.

Also, if the wall is all one color, you could use the auto select and drag until you get the amount you want. Not too sure about preserving shadows though. It wouldn't be too hard to just copy them and set them to be a bit translucent though.

EDIT: I agree, Art section would get you more sure responses on how to do stuff. I personally don't do any image editing, so there are probably (like, i'm pretty darn sure) a lot of advanced techniques that would make it a WHOLE LOT easier.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Gimp is Pimp(tm)

DarkJak's Wide-Range Texture Shop[LINK]

Incognito - [o]