Ranking
Original Post
Do laptops lag more or use more CPU when plugged in?
Well Ive noticed that laptops become laggier when charging and Its kinda annoying.Does it? and if so why?
Mei fati dominus, mei animi dux
Need to PM a SMod?

Unofficial Skimmer of Discussion!

Fabula Magnus wants more able RPers!
Cataclysm is still alive?

Thorn

Wiggi must love me forever now.
They do not. Infact you have it backwards, having it plugged in is letting it use it's full power rather than half or even less than half by running on battery power. If your laptop has a stealth mode then that is equivelant to running it on battery power. I have to keep my laptop plugged in or else I get about an hour at most of power and it's weak so meh. Plugged in though this baby is a power house.
really?! well i have to remove the plug to make it fast.if inly i had a better laptop
mine is a dell studio 13 inch 64 bit
Need to PM a SMod?

Thorn

Try checking your power save settings. There is no reason that having it plugged in would make it slower...
wait, do you mean the power conservation settings?
Need to PM a SMod?

Thorn

ok when i checked it the min. processor state on battery is 100% and same for on charge.i also noticed the laptop heats up considerably when plugged in. could this be the reason? overheating?
Need to PM a SMod?

Thorn

I doubt it's overheating. Try downloading a cpu/gpu temperature monitor and seeing what it says. Most likely it's just the battery heating up.

like cpu z

Also I dont know about your laptop. Mine is specifically made for gaming and etc so it's meant for being plugged in for power. Refer to your manual perhaps.

I will look and see what lappy you have incase you still need help xD.

Also where is everyone else ._.
Ok ive downloaded this http://www.ghacks.net/2009/06/26/int...tor-real-temp/ and im gonna see if the temperature exceeds the max. when plugged in.
Need to PM a SMod?

Thorn

K didnt find anything on your laptop you werent to specific on what model it was! Oh ok so before it's plugged in go into task manager and see what the cpu is doing. Then plugged in see what it's doing.