Ranking
Original Post
Fake Anti-Virus Pop Ups.
As I surf the forums, or Internet Explorer itself, I get these annoying pop-ups saying I have about 50 viruses. I know they're fake, because the skin for that pop-up is XP, and I run Vista. I have a great pop-up blocker, and they still come up. Any help?
[04:34] <siku> i can already tell you 2 are awful since piratez is a terrible clan that cares about post count above everything else
It's a virus tryin to sell you antivirus stuff. Dont know the technical name but that's what it is, run some AV program...
I have some help. Get firefox.
With firefox, you won't have any of those popups.
It may sound like an advertisement, but, well, I guess it is. ^_^
Ask almost anyone, firefox is better than IE. :P
Thanks.
Problem with that, jxc: I'm on my brother's computer.
[04:34] <siku> i can already tell you 2 are awful since piratez is a terrible clan that cares about post count above everything else
^qft

i dont know but in my opinion is firefox faster than IE and with version 3.6 u can have your own costum for example http://i45.tinypic.com/wlwx77.jpg

damn lil bit 2 late i guess
Originally Posted by MrTeapawt View Post
Problem with that, jxc: I'm on my brother's computer.

So, you don't want to DL stuff?
Grab a flash drive, if available. You could also just DL it, and delete it when you finish using his comp. Does the computer have any form of anti-virus/spyware?
Thanks.
Originally Posted by jxc1013 View Post
So, you don't want to DL stuff?

He'll yell at me if I do.
Plus, a flash drive isn't avalible.

Originally Posted by jxc1013 View Post
Does the computer have any form of anti-virus/spyware?

Norton 360.

EDIT: The pop-up updated to a Vista skin. Although, I am surprised it found all my bro's files.

Last edited by MrTeapawt; Feb 8, 2010 at 03:38 AM.
This is a rouge antivirus trying to get you to buy a fake product. Find out the name, then look on google for a removal tutorial.

That's what I did when I had one.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
º7th Dan Black Beltº
º[vibe]º
ºJoin my fan club!º
/l、
(゚、 。 7
 l、 ~ヽ(
 じしf_ )ノ

Originally Posted by PyroTime View Post
It's a virus tryin to sell you antivirus stuff. Dont know the technical name but that's what it is, run some AV program...

Did you do that yet?
Start your computer up in safe mode and then use norton to scan. Otherwise, the virus will block itself from being detected.

Also, you really should install firefox on your bro's pc. Tell him that you are doing him a great service ;)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Gimp is Pimp(tm)

DarkJak's Wide-Range Texture Shop[LINK]

Incognito - [o]