Endurance Onslaught 6.0
Original Post
[IMG] Microcosmos
Microcosmos

Done in blender, and with a lot of work with nodes. The DoF is there to make it look smaller, as with huge planets you tend not to have any defocus at that scale. Also the skin-like materials make it look more biological. Or maybe they don't. you decide. note that there is a faint shadow layer as the light passes through the atmosphere of the large planet.
Last edited by FoodEater; Apr 23, 2009 at 05:55 AM.
Awesome 10/10

EDIT: first post wooooooooo!
Last edited by Hanz; Apr 23, 2009 at 06:57 AM.
chairs
a very nice example of a space-abstract piece, my only critique is that the DoF sucks (imo)

it looks way too abrupt to be realistic, and in my opinion, DoF can make or break a piece. However, with your style, DoF isn't that important, because your eye is drawn to the big planet, which could be good or bad.

also, nice SSS
Former Item Forger
Originally Posted by Stupinator View Post
a very nice example of a space-abstract piece, my only critique is that the DoF sucks (imo)

it looks way too abrupt to be realistic, and in my opinion, DoF can make or break a piece. However, with your style, DoF isn't that important, because your eye is drawn to the big planet, which could be good or bad.

also, nice SSS

What do you mean by abrupt? It's supposed to be micro, not macro, so the dof is supposed to emphasize that. If you mean the contrast between blur and sharpness, well, that's really what you'd get with dof, since what's close is sharp.
Stupinator has a point about the abruptness, the distant planets blur, thats good, but some of the planet things that are closer that should be getting blurred with the dof aren't

there should be a gradual increase in the ammount of blur that you have with the distance, the dof you have is like after a certain distance it just automatically blurs.

other than that I really like it
/\/\agree/\/\
there should be at least a little blurring
also, a planet large enough to keep it's sattelites fanned out into a ring like that instead of solidifying into a single moon would never be made of solid rock (as it appears to be with those texts), it would be a gas giant.
other than that i really like it: 7.5/10
u mad tho :)