Ranking
Original Post
The 'Your Music' thread
I know a fair few folks on these forums (say that out loud ten times) make music. I've seen individual threads about eople's music, but I haven't seen any big collective threads.

Few rules; no trolling, no posting music that isn't yours and no crabcore.

SO, if you make music, post it here and get some feedback on it. Add what genre your music is to the post, too.

I'll start;

acoustic / lo-fi / indie
http://soundcloud.com/cannibal-death...bal-deathstar/
So, nice songs you have there.

Well played, full works 'not stuff left in the half like what I do'. If you don't have yet a band, I suggest you to get a band, promising what you have there.

I don't have a guitar, I have just a bass, and a bass on itself is hard to record, took me a while to find out how to tape it on computer. Generally, when recorded with a normal camera the sound gets jyzzy, it's horrible, unheardable.

For now, I don't have a full work on bass, just some impro I recorded and songs bad played, so I think not interesting posting that here.

But well, I did some songs on computer, so I'm posting them here.
I call some songs I did as "avant-garde" to not call them shit, oh well.

Songs

On Guitar Pro, you work with tabs, so, some songs have choruses I did on my bass and on friend's guitars.

I planned once doing a band with some friends, but didn't worked that well.
I had friends who did a punk rock band, they did local shows, their songs were good, but then they got problems, the drummer sold his drums and them they finished the band.

They playing. I played sometimes with them, but they already had a bassist, so, just tears baby.
They sing in portuguese btw.
Last edited by Carnage; May 25, 2012 at 03:58 PM.
@Jim: I really like that stuff. Reminded me of The Shins; although, sometimes when you were singing your voice became inaudible or out of tune with the rest of the music. Other than that, really nice.

@Carnage: I didn't expect to like it at first when I heard the introduction to the first song, but your stuff is really unique. All the sounds catch me off guard in a pleasing way. Some of the 'rock' didn't really sound like the rock I'm used to hearing, but it was okay nontheless (though I did like the electronic bits more, just because that's my favourite genre). The metal song, for me, wasn't grungy enough throughout the whole song. It had it's spots but in all it seemed to 'soft'. As if it was a remixed version of a metal song with some lo-fi influence. Still enjoyed it though. I think this type of music would definitely go well with some vocals though.

I would link some stuff, but I recently deleted all the music I have on soundcloud. The stuff I generally make are either piano improvisations with some pitch, tempo, and speed edited afterwards, or soft ambient tunes with FL. I'll be sure to link anything I work on at a later time. And I'll follow you both on SC for any new stuff.
Yeah, I don't really know how to sing. I'm just doing some trial and error and sticking with stuff that sounds good.

Looking forward to hearing your stuff (you'll upload it on your SC, right?).
Originally Posted by Jim View Post
Yeah, I don't really know how to sing. I'm just doing some trial and error and sticking with stuff that sounds good.

Looking forward to hearing your stuff (you'll upload it on your SC, right?).

Yep, I made a thing.

> piano, ambient, experimental
http://soundcloud.com/monasella/i-vi...nordinary-land
Last edited by mWah; May 27, 2012 at 12:24 PM.
Posted on the waveform. If that's your own arrangement then that's just awesome. Makes me kind of wish I didn't drop piano when I was younger.
@Jim: It's rather good. I'm digging the minimalist approach you're taking, and it sounds wonderful. It's not for me, however. The songwriting is good, and you're not bad at all.
@Carnage: Avante-Garde indeed. It sounds good, but the reverb mucks it up a bit. The choir sounds awesome, though. You could try mixing it a bit more.
Mwah: The composition is a bit heavy on the high end, but other than that, it sounds really awesome. It's nice to hear a full composition with dynamics and all. It was very well written and it flowed beautifully.

http://soundcloud.com/mentalbomb/
Here's my site. and my personal bests are Hikikomori Party (Electrostep/Brostep). The Hunter's Ritual (Dubstep), or Leedle Lee (for teh lulz)
I don't really listen to any '-step', but for what it's worth, your music sounds as good as any I've heard of the genre. What I can comment on is the production value, very nice - high five (imagine Borat).
You should post the lyrics to go along with the waveform. When I listen to a new rapper for the first time, I like to have the lyric on hand to just help clarify shit. Other than that, you've got good rhythm, yeah.