Endurance Onslaught 6.0
Original Post
Limp style fighting
What is limp style fighting, and how do you do it?

All of my Replays I press "C" at the first frame, but people always tell me that is "noobish" and I also see more "pro" replays in the limp style and look very fluid, I just cannot seem to do it like that...

Any advice? thx
You can always watch the replays that are already on there and figure out how they use their limbs to momentum...But for now I'd just not press c then contract both knees, extend one hip, extend the other hip, then extend both feet...Thats pretty limp for someone who's just starting off...
To me limp style works best when rotatiting chest
I dont use it in judo (dont know why i think youll just break eazier)
I ALWAYS use it in akido because it makes shifting gravity eazier
And for wushu i do it about even (though i like hold wushu moves better)
Hold generally is symetrical which looks unattractive on replays
There isn't really one particular way of doing limp style succesfully. When you relax all, the most striking difference is that your tori doesn't stay balanced by itself. Shortly after that, you'll notice that your tori reacts differently to whichever movement you're doing. Both contribute to making limp style overall harder than held style. For example, if you hold all, you can just raise your arms and conk Uke on top of his head with little trouble. However, if you relax all, you'll slump to the ground before you can bring your arms back down, PLUS you're likely to be a bit off target because the chest and lumbar is relaxed. All of this contributes to a much weaker impact. However, if you test this out yourself, you'll notice that your legs will be in a good position for a follow-up attack, which doesn't happen with held style. Go on, try raising your shoulders and contracting your pecs, waiting 20 frames and then lower your shoulders again with both styles.

So anyways, if you're having problems doing limp style, you just need to practice more. You need a pretty good understanding of the game's physics and tori-anatomy (meaning which joints do what) if you are to use limp style correctly, even if it's a subconscious understanding.
<Blam|Homework> oiubt veubg
various places to find me lol
Everything comes with time. The best thing you can do for yourself is to not hit "c" and allow for whatever to happen. Don't care about winning or losing, just care about sticking with the goal.

I was just like you. I was hold all for everything until I got some help from a good player. I wanted to play wushu as relaxed as possible, limp and all. We focused most on control. So he had me play things like aikido and sumo with no grab and I wasn't allowed to control more than 5 joints per frame. Was it super effective? Maybe not the best to play, but definitely got me less reliant on using "c".
Need help?
Creati0n says: still my favorite. <3
I sacrificed my firstborn for this great human being to join (M) ~R
Just Use Thunder!
Haha Hxc, I remember us playing games and both of us doing that.
Good times
OLDA | Fr3styL | RL | T3AL
R.I.P [Pure] 356 Threads, 19,000 Posts.
The reason why people think relax is more pro because hold makes a replay usually look unrealistic and stiff. Relax helps you get better at fixing those problems and makes the replay look better. You can still do all the things relax does with hold, but its really hard.
Mei fati dominus, mei animi dux
Need to PM a SMod?

Unofficial Skimmer of Discussion!

Fabula Magnus wants more able RPers!
Cataclysm is still alive?

Thorn

Wiggi must love me forever now.
i learned how to do linp style when i started akido it is a good way to start off useing linp style go on akido and never press c see what will haoen after some games