Toribash
Original Post
[RENDER] First blender model :D

yup, i just got blender yesterday. any thoughts on what to improve on? i didn't use any ref pics. and yeah, i'm aware the hands fail :v
Where would that button be? Im rather new to the program :v

edit: found it :|
Last edited by Bio; Mar 15, 2010 at 01:01 AM.
heh, not too bad :P

few things, defiantly use references! always! lots!
Try to avoid 'tris' (a face with 3 edges and 3 corners), use 'quads' (a face with 4 edges and 4 corners) wherever possible.
Try to get a pretty even spacing of the faces, some of your faces are long or wide, some parts have lots of faces other parts few. This will help you a lot later when you use sub-surface to make your models smooth and pretty.

Looks cool though, what method did you use? Start with a cube and extrude?

Here are some render settings I like to use just to make it a little prettier;
Here
I use 16 times over sampling, with a 1.5 radius to get rid of any dodgey looking edges, I also set it to PNG render format, and use RGBA so that the background colour is instead transparent (looking at your avy you know all about transparency :P), just makes it look better imo.

Oh, and if you want to subsurf it; F9 -> Add modifier (right most panel) -> Subsurf
and change the render setting to make it smoother.
When I see you, my heart goes DOKI⑨DOKI
Fish: "Gorman has been chosen for admin. After a lengthy discussion we've all decided that Gorman is the best choice for the next admin."
Gorman: I have no idea what most of the settings do. But I'll give iy a try next time I make another model. MOAR
I know not much about blender, talk to Av or Foodeater if you want imba knowledge O_o

Yar Bio, MOAR!
When I see you, my heart goes DOKI⑨DOKI
Fish: "Gorman has been chosen for admin. After a lengthy discussion we've all decided that Gorman is the best choice for the next admin."
ALSO, i'm making another model, one that's in a better position to animate with. still didn't use reference though, because i need to learn ;o i'll post here when i'm done