Toribash
Original Post
A Toribash Begginer Guide
A Toribash Begginer Guide V.1

Hi guys and welcome to my guide. I will be happy to answer any of your questions and if I cant I will direct you to where they can be.
To start off I would like to introduce myself to you. As you have probably notices my name is Kree, I am a begginer like you. I am writing this guide to expand your knowledge on how to play better ingame.

Ingame

As overwhelming as it is, entering a new game can be challenging, and without the proper know how it is easy to leave the game as quickly as you came. So to start off after you have registered and downloaded the game open it and head straight to Tutorials, It's there for a reason. Ok now I know it seems stupid but it helps, work your way through it until it asks you tio enter Multiplayer But DONT! Instead head straight to Singleplayer.

Stiff or Limp?

The question now is wheather you fight better stiff or limp. The stiff style is used by many begginers but it makes it easier to get Disqualified (DQ). Whereas Limp is used by higher belts to gain momentum and flowing movements. The choice is now yours, play around a bit try a kick when your body is on mostly HOLD and again when your body is mostly Relax.

Stiff and Limp: Pros and Cons

Stiff (hold)
  • Jerky movements/ looks clumsy
  • Faster
  • Harder to be damaged
  • Easier to be off-balanced
  • Less chance of DQ
Limp (relax)

• Fluid movements
  • Slightly slower (depending on direction of momentum)
  • Easier to get fractured
  • Flows with apponents attacks (when hit)
  • Easier to dodge attacks
Tactics

Once you have figured out what style you are and you are comfortable playing it, time to move onto Multiplayer. Once in the game lobby go straight to Aikido, here you will learn how to balance, and how to throw your opponent off balance. have a few trys and take this into mind:
  • Keep at least one arm or leg on the ground, you can use it for leverage.
  • Do not shovel (a type of lunging move that makes it easy to win, but looses you reputation and originality).
  • Say Good Game (gg) after each match even if you lose.
  • Don't leave if you are about to lose ( again you will lose reputation).
  • Talk, no trash or swearing AT people, But responsible mature talk.
Belts

Now I know what your thinking, you cant wait to rank your belt. Honestly though there is no reward for it, so belts rarely mean much other than skill. here is a list of belts in order: (can also be found here)

Belt Color and Number of matches
White: 0 Yellow: 20 Orange: 50
Green: 100 Blue: 200
Brown: 500 Black: 1000 Second Dan: 2000 Third Dan: 3000 Fourth Dan: 4000 Fifth Dan: 5000 Sixth Dan: 6000 Seventh Dan: 7000 Eighth Dan: 8000 Ninth Dan: 9000 Tenth Dan: 10000 Master Belt: 15000 Custom Belt: 20000 God Belt: 50000 One Belt: 100000 Elite Belt: 1000000
Questions and Answers

Go right ahead and ask anything on the topic of Toribash

More to come later...
PM me your guide and I'll add it to the FAQs and stickies here.*

/closed and threaded

Obviously if it was any good and importance.
Last edited by Aspire; Jul 25, 2010 at 07:41 AM.
Originally Posted by Aspire
HAHAHA, I'M NOT A LOCAL MODERATOR ANYMORE. YOU STUPID PEOPLE!