Toribash
Original Post
What does having or being in a clan mean to you?
I always ask people why they join a particular clan weather its clan popularity or friends or even like myself who love their clan name.

Me personally never really cared much for clans ive been in a few such as Shaolin and AoH and to be completely honest i only made Haunted so I could have Haunted next to my name... but how about you why are you in the clan you're in? And if you're not in a clan what clan would you like to be in or do you choose not to be in one?
you'll have to rise above the best and prove yourself, your spirit never dies.
I only join clans so I can have a group of people I can talk to on a regular basis and get along with.
also congrats on getting unbanned
Valterain1 was defeated by hermaphrodite on Oct 17, 2015.
As someone who has been hanging around the clan discussion boards for a very long time, I can say that clans have meant a lot to me over the years. I basically spent my time growing up in IRC channels and clan boards. I've made a lot of friends and am still having a lot of fun being in and around clans.

I joined Frost when they asked me to help revive the clan. I had known those guys for a while before they died, so of course I agreed when they asked me to help out.

As a co-leader of Frost I can say, in some sense, that "having" a clan doesn't really mean much to me. Managing a clan, however, does and it's hard sometimes, but interesting, too. It's tough to see people leave, or to find out people you love have become inactive. Recruitment has also been difficult lately. But the responsibility and the ability to moderate a clan, keeping everything neat is what I like about my position within the clan.

I personally wouldn't make a clan just to have a funny/nice/cool tag. The people within are what counts for me.

ps. This thread is pretty interesting, maybe something for off-topic?
Basically teamwork and interaction. And wars are always fun.
| Leader of FC | Loans | ABD Enthusiast |
Originally Posted by zwouter View Post
Pretty much all people join a clan because they like the people in it and stuff.

Im with zwou on this one, toribash isn't as popular is it use to and most other free and popular games beat it by a long shot. Its always nice to join a clan and play other games with your clanmates and on the occasion of playing a game of toribash.
Clans used to mean a lot to me and it would feel pretty accomplishing being one of the top war ranked clans but now clans almost mean nothing in my opinion (outside of events). When my old clan got official [CT] we were all really happy because we put so much work into getting it a being a team really also having a say in where our direction would go was nice and being co leader dealing with how we worked was fun (similar to a staff position really) but after the official hype was over I'm pretty sure we realized how shallow the clan system was because our main goal was official and once we did that what else was there to do? We got official now what and there was nothing to do it felt empty I even broke off from it to make another clan because the initial planning the clan setting up and doing work from there is fun but it eventually died due to a lack of love.
Once you do get official you're pretty invincible and when you and your group don't have to pretend to be upstanding community members and act fake for about a month all you have to do is post a few times a month and they can't touch you.
Clans feel like they have 2 uses currently
1.having your own board to do what you want with.
2.getting staff
Once you join a clan with let's say 3-4 staff members in it getting a moderator position just becomes easy, them just pushing you to all the staff really insanely increases your chances (not that getting staff without kissing ass is impossible but it makes everything so much faster)
Having your own board is fun but again it gets really boring and useless when everyone just has a board you can shit post on for free. You could say that a clan will bring your friends closer together but if we're friends then I really don't need to be wearing their clan tag we'll be friends no matter what clan they're in, unless you just want to have a label on them so people know you're affiliated in some type of Internet gang.
Anyway that's just my experience while I used to really love clans and had the ambition to try and be at the top, like majority of things that require constant work in this game it's pretty hollow but the journey was fun pay off not so much.
“Aaah rum zum zum aaah rum zum zum booly booly booly booly booly rum zum zum”
For me it was only for fun purpose, like chit chat with clan members outside of the game. But since my clan is dying now because it looks like no one ever care about it, so I don't have any purpose being in the clan anymore.
[Steam] [Art] [Music]