Toribash
Original Post
Toribash 3.50 Fedora 10
Greetings, guys.

I am sort of a noob in Fedora, since I have been using it for about a week. I've got a little problem with installing toribash on my computer. I downloaded the .rpm and tried to run it. It asks me for root permission and seems to start the installation, but then a window saying "An internal system error occured" appears and shuts down the install process. The output of the error is the following:

Error Type: <type 'exceptions.UnicodeDecodeError'>
Error Value: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xd0 in position 54: ordinal not in range(12
File : /usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/yum/rpmtrans.py, line 376, in callback
self._instProgress( bytes, total, h )
File : /usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/yum/rpmtrans.py, line 457, in _instProgress
self.complete_actions, self.total_actions)
File : /usr/share/PackageKit/helpers/yum/yumBackend.py, line 2101, in event
self._showName(self.info_actions[action])
File : /usr/share/PackageKit/helpers/yum/yumBackend.py, line 2094, in _showName
self.base.package(package_id, status, self.curpkg.summary)
File : /usr/share/PackageKit/helpers/yum/yumBackend.py, line 237, in package
PackageKitBaseBackend.package(self, package_id, status, summary)
File : /usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/packagekit/backend.py, line 108, in package
print >> sys.stdout, "package\t$s\t$s\t$s" $ (status, package_id, summary)

I tried to figure out the issue on my own, but couldn't.

Thanks for your potential help and sorry for my english.
What version of Fedora do you have?

Also have you tried the .tar.gz version? All you'd have to do is unpack it.

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
I use Fedora 10, which certainly could be the problem (but i refuse to believe it..)). I haven't tried tar.gz because I thought there is a somehow more complicated process than just unpacking..)
.tar.gz just needs unpacked. Granted there's a few tiny issues you might come across:

1. It wont execute - right click the file, select properties & select the options to allow you run it.

2. It flashes up then closes straight away - use the run command to start it. For some reason certain desktop setups won't let you open it via double clicking.

TBH where toribash is concerned Ubuntu is the better OS, and if you use the APT repo it'll install everything you need to make it work & update itself when a new version comes out.

<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
I've downloaded and unpacked toribash and gave the executable all the permissions. It doesn't execute by double-clicking, so I tried using the command sh toribash, changing the directory to the folder with it first. I also shot down selinux with the help of the graphic interface. Still, when I try to execute the file "toribash" it says "cannot execute binary file". Help!
You may need to do a ./toribash to fire it up. It depends on the setup.

<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
I'm sorry for my noobness, but what do you mean by ./toribash?..) I cd-ed into de directory and tried to put "toribash" in the command line but it didn't really do anything..)
In *nix some programs/apps require a ./ in front of the command to launch them.

So once you've cd'd into the directory the command would be:

./toribash

<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you