Endurance Onslaught 6.0
Original Post
[Solved] Toribash lagging heavily on a new pc.
Well, i've just bought a new pc and as soon i downloaded Toribash i found some major issues with it.

First it started crashing everythime i was about to click on the multiplayer button (which i quickly fixed updating the graphic cards),
and later i found out that toribash was running at 2-5 fps and that choosing a server was quite hard because of the slowness of the game.

I'm adding also the stderr.txt in case it could be useful.

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2630QM CPU @ 2.00GHz
RAM: 4007 MB
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M
VRAM: -2048 MB
DRIVER: 8.17.12.6856

-----

I've already followed each step of both the Vox guide to fix crashes and the one about lags but anything seemed to be changed.

----

UPDATE1: Toribash started working normally after adding -chatcache 1 on the Target field though it returns at 3-4 fps
everytime i type something in the chat or if i take a look at the server list. Then it goes back to 30-40 fps if i
click somewhere else and then click on the toribash windows.
Attached Files
stderr.txt (698 Bytes, 10 views)
Last edited by Pulse; Jan 23, 2012 at 03:27 PM.
Long gone
what graphic card are you using? try finding the newest update,it might work,it did for me...even if its new there can always be missing drivers
Blargharghag
That also happen to me when I talk, the frame rate goes down but when I press escape 2 time, it stop lagging and returns back to normal
CLICK TO SEE HAMPA'S REPLAYS
Originally Posted by zGh05T View Post
what graphic card are you using? try finding the newest update,it might work,it did for me...even if its new there can always be missing drivers

I've updated them yesterday.

Originally Posted by chawee1997 View Post
That also happen to me when I talk, the frame rate goes down but when I press escape 2 time, it stop lagging and returns back to normal

That's exactly what happens to me (after further checks) but it's a bit irritating to press esc twice everytime i open the chat.
I think that there might be another sulotion.
Long gone
Originally Posted by Pulse View Post
Well, i've just bought a new pc and as soon i downloaded Toribash i found some major issues with it.

First it started crashing everythime i was about to click on the multiplayer button (which i quickly fixed updating the graphic cards),
and later i found out that toribash was running at 2-5 fps and that choosing a server was quite hard because of the slowness of the game.

I'm adding also the stderr.txt in case it could be useful.

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2630QM CPU @ 2.00GHz
RAM: 4007 MB
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M
VRAM: -2048 MB
DRIVER: 8.17.12.6856

-----

I've already followed each step of both the Vox guide to fix crashes and the one about lags but anything seemed to be changed.

----

UPDATE1: Toribash started working normally after adding -chatcache 1 on the Target field though it returns at 3-4 fps
everytime i type something in the chat or if i take a look at the server list. Then it goes back to 30-40 fps if i
click somewhere else and then click on the toribash windows.

Without a doubt that sounds like an Nvidia optimus problem, do you have nvidia optimus running? Right click tb.exe and run it with your GPU rather than IGP.
Originally Posted by Vox View Post
Without a doubt that sounds like an Nvidia optimus problem, do you have nvidia optimus running? Right click tb.exe and run it with your GPU rather than IGP.

Alright, solved

Feel free to close the thread.
Long gone
I'll add this to my performance thread soon.

Added.
Last edited by Vox; Jan 28, 2012 at 12:37 AM.