Toribash
Original Post
[ART]Send the Night Sky (Updated: Touch-Ups)
Local band Send the Night Sky asked some of their supporters to design a t-shirt for them.
They weren't specific about what they wanted, so I just kinda whipped something up real quick.
Wanted opinions on it, this is my first time doing this kind of art style.
C&C is always appreciated and accepted.

(Image is on Facebook, sorry if you are unable to see it)

ORIGINAL

Not sure if this is t-shirt material for a band, but again I just want some opinions on it.
Thanks in advance.
Last edited by SomeRandomKid; Feb 5, 2011 at 08:04 AM.
Its a good picture for a shirt; simple and clean ( in my opinion a shirt shouldn't distract from the person) I dont know if thats what you're going for or what. Also are you incorporating anything about the band in the design? If not, its probably a good idea. 8/10
Last edited by AlbDemon; Feb 5, 2011 at 03:33 AM.
I agree with AlbDemon.
Simple, and nice design.
I would play around with placement of the moon and text a bit to see if you can get it better, but it's perfectly fine as is.
One thing that is a bit odd is that most of it is clean pentooling, but the leaves on the tree and chain on the tire swing aren't.
Heyo, thanks for the comments glad you guys thought it looks clean and t-shirt worthy, got word from the guys from the band that they liked it too.

@AlbDemon: They really didn't ask to incorporate anything they wanted something "graphical and original." There are symbolic things attached with the design that I wanted to show (Old life and new beginnings) but that's about it.

@LWafflez: I really like the placement of the moon, because on the actual design of the shirt it sits mid pec where like a name-tag would go or something, I believe it emphasizes the band name more. And the reason behind the foliage/tire-swing is to incorporate a few more textures into it, make it a bit more interesting to look at. You can be the judge and tell me if I achieved that or not heh.

An updated version has been added, tell me what you think of it.

Thanks again for the comments guys, appreciate it.
Ahh, I can see the "old life, new beginnings" that you're talking about. I like the new addition of the cloud, it adds a bit of complexity with the yin-yang type of effect( i guess you would call it) with the word 'night'. I hope the band likes the design .