Ranking
6 hours and 30 minutes is speed painting?

It's kind of fast to be a tutorial, and seems more just like a demo. Well, it's a good video anyway. Maybe I should make one.
I think it was a great idea, it's something you don't see often.

Like most people make robotic or something but this guys is an artist reminds me of a head that missuse had.
Id like to have seen a bit more in the way of technique and functions used, my general photoshop knowledge is pretty rudimentary, i generally only use the most basic of functions, but i saw a few tools/functions that you used that look pretty usefull.

like what you did to work on the back, flipped the sides into the centre without breaking the layer, what did you use to do that?
I work in too many layers to make that doable, so i have to do it the long way round, but it still looks pretty usefull to know.

and the part where you removed the stiches, was that just erasing? if so, it looked very neat.

overall, i think your shading technique is a bit over done and contrasty, it can be simplified and improved on.

but the vid is decent, shows that it takes time and effort to achieve decent results.
-=Art is never finished, only abandoned=-
Nice video, and drawing. Reminds of a head texture in the expo.

I believe he used Filters - offset to work on the back
All my layers (most of all is duplicates):

Originally Posted by BenDover
like what you did to work on the back, flipped the sides into the centre without breaking the layer, what did you use to do that?

I use that:

Selection 50 % of image -> transformation.
Originally Posted by BenDover
and the part where you removed the stiches, was that just erasing? if so, it looked very neat.

Two layers:
1st - sketch;
2nd - shading.
Removed lines on sketch layer and draw new.

If somebody interesting.
Last edited by VitieK; Jul 12, 2012 at 05:56 PM.