Toribash
Original Post
[Tex] Generic Head
Hi

First head texture in times.
I know the back isn't exactly good looking but cbf to edit it.
I don't really like the front either, but i don't really know why, any ideas? None of the purple thingies are eyes, but you can see them as eyes if you want to :F
Made with Gimp 2.8, 512x512.
It's for sale aswell unless i decide to make a set.
It's All About Expansion
The concept as is is really good, but needs some polish.

The first thing i noticed was the purple colors. They are just kinda there. If you were going for decals, kind of like it was painted on there, then i would have grunged it up a bit with the rest of the head. But if they are like power lights or something, a glow would really help make that clear.

The shading depth could really help this head as well. It's like there is a constant of the same type of shading all over the head and no variety. Certain areas could be darker to give the illusion that it's further back and deeper into the head, and certain parts could be lighter to give the opposite effect.

The back is kind of boring and so is the front, but the sides are a bit cluttered. I think the reason this is is because you made the plates of the back and front too big and the ones on the side too small. This can be easily avoided by double checking your sketch on a globe to make sure the mapping is right. A good thing to think about next time i suppose.

As is now, you could add some light purple decals like war stripes or more lights to fix those areas.
Done with this community, you guys suck.
Originally Posted by jusmi View Post
The first thing i noticed was the purple colors. They are just kinda there. If you were going for decals, kind of like it was painted on there, then i would have grunged it up a bit with the rest of the head. But if they are like power lights or something, a glow would really help make that clear.

A: The purples things are like "light" kind of things, and i was thinking of making them glow but didn't find a proper way to do it so i left them as they are.

The shading depth could really help this head as well. It's like there is a constant of the same type of shading all over the head and no variety. Certain areas could be darker to give the illusion that it's further back and deeper into the head, and certain parts could be lighter to give the opposite effect.

A: I always had the problem with getting some depth look in my works, and still do. I might try to make some parts lighter and darker if i have time for it.

Also yeah, i know the front and back are quite boring but i didn't figure out anything cool there. Yet again...
Also, thanks.
It's All About Expansion
Damn have not seen you for a longggggggg time lol Nice head... The back looks good along with the sides, maybe with the front, lower down that main plate, put a hole in it... like a hole for a face or something... I think that would be nice looking
~Undead21
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Happy Halloween!!!!!
[u]Ultimate | Team Shit-ido | National GayTerrorist Club |Photoshop Corp.
ELVIS ELVIS ELVIS ELVIS ELVIS ELVIS ELVIS---BootyShorts
R.I.P UNDEAD21, Beta, and Assazin
Overall its a good head the colours are nice and so are the shadings. Just an idea but I think this is a head that can be converted to a kind of warrior, which would give it better features and make it look more interesting. The back is perfectly OK, but the front looks a bit bare, so maybe add something to it.