Toribash
Original Post
[Art] Mr. HammerGuy
So i've been dabbling in concept art lately and have been trying to grasp it. Currently i don't have a love of drawing experience, but i am somewhat decent at paint because of texturing. While struggling with this i can feel that i am getting better and better but not by a lot.

So here we have a wip. It's no where done, but it's making progress, at least. I'm having trouble with prospective, shapes, and ideas, and i am kind of making stuff up as i draw. So things kind of get sloppy, as you can see.

I would use some ideas, ore references if you feel like sharing, and cnc is always welcome. Thanks.

Hamdoor

Used gimp, mouse, and a bamboo wacom tablet for 90% of the painting so far.
Last edited by jusmi; Jul 13, 2012 at 09:22 AM.
Done with this community, you guys suck.
Decide where the light is coming from, and try to make the shadows and bright areas correct according to where the light is coming from. This shading looks like a mess so far. Too much contrasts and messy lines I guess. Your palette should have several shades of gray rather than just black and white (if you are planning to keep it black/white that is)
Yeah, as it is it's a mess right now. But i am trying to bang out the shape before i go into nit picky details. But yeah, the light source is kinda all over the place, and i will fix that after i get the body done. It will probably come from the hammer area, seeing as how the light is already following that direction.

Also i use a low opacity which creates midtone shades over the gray in the back ground. The white and black palette is just so i have a main color to go back to.

Any suggestions on ideas for his armor and whatnot?
Done with this community, you guys suck.