Toribash
Original Post
Pokemon X And Y Versions
Well...I hoped they wouldn't but they did.
Pokemon X and Y have been announced and I think it looks terrible.

That's the trailer for it. Generation 6, new Pokemon the works. Full 3d and on the 3ds.

This makes me really sad. Black/White was far enough Imo. They should have stopped at Pearl/Diamond/Platinum with new Pokemon and stuff. I'm all for remakes like Heartgold and Soulsilver but I'm sick to shit of new Pokemon. I haven't done an exact count but I'm pretty sure there are more 'legendaries' than can fit in one box now.

What do you guys think about this specific game and your opinion on the direction of Pokemon in general.
I think they're struggling with new ideas and they just want to milk Pokemon until it's a dead, dried up shriveled shell of something that was once great. Look at the starters. A frog...That already exists as a Pokemon. A fox that is themed with fire? Already been done. As for the grass one? I don't even know what that is.
As for the names? Pokemon X and Y. They're naming them after letters now.
They ran out of colors, and jewels so now they use letters. And there are plenty more letters still to be used which makes me wonder where this is going to end.
They should just let Pokemon go and end with dignity.
Nintendo : Hurr durr we better milk this cow even more until it becomes completely tasteless. The last real pokemon game was plat. just sayin
I'm a fucking professional!
They did not run out of colours, or jewels. Pokemon will never die out, because generations of kids do not run out. With technology blooming, and pokemon co-existing with said technology, kids will still love this game.

I personally stopped playing after plutonium mainly because my DS borked but it doesn't mean I don't enjoy all the fancy new pokemon that are released, no matter how stupid they look.
Summoner Name: Transfer to NA
Region: OCEANIC
All I can say is, what the hell are they doing to my childhood?

Too many Pokemon. Too many! I would have to spend a lifetime trying to literally "catch them all".
[23:23:53] <AndChat|700625> Blue eyes ultimate dragon best card
[23:24:29] <AndChat|700625> You know the one with 3 heads
[23:24:39] <~Lightningkid> just like my dick

[11:35:40] <box> Hampa suck
[11:36:21] <hampa> not the first to tell me that today
Look at all the haters.
Look at all of them.
You're not part of nintendo's target anymore.

Besides, the game looks shit because your pc is not a 3ds.
Also, pokemon has been around since 1996. Mario has been around since 1981.
I've never heard of a single complaint about mario before, but pokemon is constantly beat up. Why? No idea.

Personally, I think it looks good enough, and I like the new starters.
Fuck me, right?
multiple texture uploader! updated: multiple texture remover!
updated pretty colorlist!

<BobJoelZ> ok ive just rebooted my pc and ive tried to activate my reflex on yahoo internet explorer :/ no luck

<Aracoon> I do not enjoy having anal sex with multiple men
Originally Posted by box View Post

Too many Pokemon. Too many! I would have to spend a lifetime trying to literally "catch them all".

^

I didn't even bother with Black and White.
I'm fine with using an Emulator to play the Gameboy versions.

Where you know, Legendaries were actually fucking Legendary.
in the name of the manly balthier send me your orc/chronos/gladiator items
pls
Originally Posted by box View Post

I managed to legit complete the Pokedex in Pearl but after that any attempt to complete it in following versions was like pissing against the wind.

But I guess Yoyo's right. We've fallen out of Nintendo's target audience but I disagree with you comparing the evolution of the Mario title to the evolution of the Pokemon title.

Mario game changes from then to now is better graphics, some mechanics and some additional enemies and items (there would be much more to it than this but those are the striking changes). This is the same as the remakes of Heartgold and Soulsilver.
If, however, Nintendo started spitting out new Super Mario Bros games that suddenly included all of Marios family and extended family and mafioso second cousins and stuff then I'd compare that to the new Pokemon games.
Maybe it's just because people don't feel comfortable with what they don't know. I used to play Minecraft but I stopped because of the sheer amount of new stuff they were piling into it and I just got overwhelmed. Could be that.
Originally Posted by Solax View Post
I managed to legit complete the Pokedex in Pearl but after that any attempt to complete it in following versions was like pissing against the wind.

But I guess Yoyo's right. We've fallen out of Nintendo's target audience but I disagree with you comparing the evolution of the Mario title to the evolution of the Pokemon title.

Mario game changes from then to now is better graphics, some mechanics and some additional enemies and items (there would be much more to it than this but those are the striking changes). This is the same as the remakes of Heartgold and Soulsilver.
If, however, Nintendo started spitting out new Super Mario Bros games that suddenly included all of Marios family and extended family and mafioso second cousins and stuff then I'd compare that to the new Pokemon games.
Maybe it's just because people don't feel comfortable with what they don't know. I used to play Minecraft but I stopped because of the sheer amount of new stuff they were piling into it and I just got overwhelmed. Could be that.

I guess we're just nostalgic for the old Pokemon days, when there were limited Pokemon, where capturing a Legendary was actually awe worthy and when it was possible to catch all the Pokemon without no-lifing hardcorely.
Last edited by Lorrtex; Jan 14, 2013 at 01:20 AM.
in the name of the manly balthier send me your orc/chronos/gladiator items
pls
I like that fire type, but yeah, this is getting ridiculous. At least don't make most of your pokemon retarded ass monkeys like Bidoof and Bibbarel or whatever. I hated Black and White because of that, you ran into them 60 maybe 70% of the time.
Story, sotry is a majority of the problem with pokemon games.
I mean its the same thing EVERY single time, Im not saying we should have a story that brings me to tears or something...just something more interesting.