Toribash
Original Post
It's time, guys
As of a few minutes ago, Sony put up a teaser website along with a video announcing what everyone is assuming will turn out to be their contribution to the next generation of consoles.

They have an ETA on 6 PM, which you're pretty safe to assume is under American timezone. So, I'll be updating this thread in 20 hours-ish with more news.

Update, they apparently set the ETA on feb. 20th.

Hopes for the possible new Playstation?
Last edited by sid; Feb 1, 2013 at 05:50 AM.
<&Fish>: did you just infract the toribot?
<&Fish>: you're fired
<JSnuffMARS> sounds like a drug-addiction or mastu(I'll censor that word)
<bishopONE>: also yeah fisting
<mwah> Gynx is it true you got admin over hero because hes from pakistan
I think it's going to be funny. Everyone will have to buy new consoles because they'll stop making new games for the current ones.

psst

sid, the ps4 is supposed to be announced soon anyways, the xbox720 is supposed to fully come out though (or the next xbox, just assumed name). The specs have already been released of the ps4 for a few days +. Quite good specs and stuff and the current storage amount is 60gb (might only be 6, i forgot, but it was low low lol), but that is only the stock, the actual release of the ps4 should have around 120-260gb). This console is most likely going to be coming out beginning of 2014 like Sony plans.

The xbox(720...the next one or whatever the name is) is going to be coming out just in time for christmas as planned. May not be 100% right, but that's the plans for them.

Sony has allowed the Microsoft to announce first due to they probably think going 2nd they can blow the minds by fixing things up and making it better, but in reality, they have been working on it for years, so there will be no advancements in that time, so not really an advantage for them.

Microsoft has an upper hand mostly because of its release date, everybody will want one for christmas etc.

If you want to quote this and put this in your first post feel free ;) hehe we both know that you want to because this has useful information on it Enjoy for people that actually read all of this. etc.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Happy Halloween!!!!!
[u]Ultimate | Team Shit-ido | National GayTerrorist Club |Photoshop Corp.
ELVIS ELVIS ELVIS ELVIS ELVIS ELVIS ELVIS---BootyShorts
R.I.P UNDEAD21, Beta, and Assazin
Originally Posted by Zxan View Post
I think it's going to be funny. Everyone will have to buy new consoles because they'll stop making new games for the current ones.

psst

2 years ago was the first year the PS2 didn't sell over a million consoles.

There are still people making new PS2 games.
Originally Posted by ImmortalCow View Post
2 years ago was the first year the PS2 didn't sell over a million consoles.

There are still people making new PS2 games.

I'm talking about mainstream games.
Beta: All of that information is rumored and from anonymous sources though. The one thing we can really know for sure is that Sony wants to announce something big, and on a topic related to playstation.
Lolwut Beta are you just making it up as you go along?

The Xbox720 is slated for announcement at E3 in June. Feb 20 vs June 11? Clearly the PS4 will be announced first assuming that is what they are announcing.

Hardware has never really mattered for consoles so long as it can run games of the same generation, people still buy Xbox360s and their hardware isn't as good as PS3s after all.

120gb HDD? Crazy. A 1TB drive cost less than $80. Even if you are talking SSD, then that's still under $100. Either way, I don't think a 120gb HDD will happen. Specs should at least match a $500 PC - although probably more as they expect to churn out millions of identical machines so it's cheap. There's a lot of speculation about hardware, and various (contradictory) 'leaked' reports. But until we have actual release, we can't judge accuracy.

Also immortal, it is just the stock and estimated. Not saying that it is going to be 120-260gb, I mean hell the ps3 i have is 500gb, better be more than that shit lol. Even though I don't even use that much up xD anyways yeah. Also just because they are announcing some stuff related, doesn't mean they are going to announce the system first. xbox is supposed to announce the system, they didn't announce it at E3. not one bit. Although it was hinted at. Herpta derp
Last edited by Jak; Feb 1, 2013 at 05:41 AM.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Happy Halloween!!!!!
[u]Ultimate | Team Shit-ido | National GayTerrorist Club |Photoshop Corp.
ELVIS ELVIS ELVIS ELVIS ELVIS ELVIS ELVIS---BootyShorts
R.I.P UNDEAD21, Beta, and Assazin
ImmortalCow: the biggest thing here is that due to consoles getting stepped up, games will be able to finally take their graphics on full throttle, at least for the first year or so. This really helps pc more than anything.

EDIT: Beta, that's a pretty god-awful news source quoting the worst tabloid in the videogame industry. They're talking about how the future controllers may or may not have X or Y, and I really feel like waiting out for someone official to comment on this.
Last edited by sid; Feb 1, 2013 at 05:47 AM.
Originally Posted by Zxan View Post
I'm talking about mainstream games.

I agree, no one even plays FIFA. EA is basically a 1-man show amirite.

Over 150 million PS2 consoles have been sold, over 1.5 billion games sold, and there are over 10,000 different games to choose from. This year in January Sony announced that PS2 will be discontinued, it was first released in March 2000 - that's a 13 year production life-cycle. The PS3 came out in 2006, so that's 7 years of overlap without a problem.

There's nothing more mainstream than PS2.

@sid: I guess you didn't read the Feb 20 on the teaser website?