Toribash
Original Post
Country flags
I do know, that there were already some threads about the same topic, and it seems like the official standpoint is "you are not allowed to change your flag". I'd like to know what to do, when the flag is mistaken. I play from Hungary (even the IP lookup knows that! - http://www.whatismyip.com/). In the meantime I wear the Russian flag. Not that I have anything against Russians but I don't speak their language and it is totally awful when one of them comes up and write characters to me I don't even recognize (not to mention the 'damn russian!' shouts, when I do something ugly - don't blame them because of me, ok? )
In short: detecting country has some mistakes, and if I wear a flag, I want to wear my own country's flag. An option to select my country would be really nice, and it works for most known games.
Just means your ISP has bought an IP range that used to belong to a RU ISP. It'll change to the correct flag once your ISP has got all the paperwork etc put through, for now the net thinks it's RU.

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
I see. Looks like whatismyip.com uses a more recent database then.
Thank you for your time.
Last edited by mormord; Jan 12, 2014 at 02:18 PM.