Ranking
Original Post
I can't see my head texture
Okay, well I bought a head a few days ago. I changed the texture, and now it doesn't even show up on SP. People online only see my old head, and I can't even either. I don't know how to check if its RGB, it's black and white anyway, and its 128 x 128. I've uploaded my texture, put it in the folder, and activated my head. I don't know whats going on! Maybe you could help?
I have quit. Goodbye all.
- Save the file as a .BMP.
- Add one pixel of colour to it.
- Save as uncompressed .TGA.
- Upload.

Should work then.
"Call yourself alive? I promise you you'll be deafened by dust falling on the furniture,
you'll feel your eyebrows turning to two gashes, and your shoulder blades will ache for want of wings."
Black and white is fine as long as it is saved in RGB format.
What people often got wrong is whether it's interlaced or not, and whether it's 24bit or not. Check those.
What what? In the butt.
Actually, it appears that files saved to be uploaded are commonly saved as monochomatic. How people manage to do this I don't know, but as Soop doesn't appear to know how to convert to RGB, and I can't be bothered to list tutorials for each individual image editor, adding colour is the easiest way of fixing the problem.

And yes, the file should be an uncompressed 24bit .TGA. Even if the site lists other formats as applicable, TGAs are the only files that have ever worked for me personally.

Edit:
To convert a file to RGB in GIMP or Photoshop:

"Image" tab -> "Mode" -> "RGB color"

Last edited by 3vi1; Feb 7, 2008 at 03:35 PM.
"Call yourself alive? I promise you you'll be deafened by dust falling on the furniture,
you'll feel your eyebrows turning to two gashes, and your shoulder blades will ache for want of wings."
Truly, but the difference of RGB and B/W save format is follows;
B/W saves colors as single variable from 0 to 255
RGB saves colors as 4-5 variables from 0 to 255.
So, not to give anyone the false image of actually the image needing to be colored :P
Last edited by Foxie; Feb 7, 2008 at 03:57 PM.
What what? In the butt.
Fair point. I've just added a kinda mini-tutorial to the FAQ and here.