Toribash
Original Post
do u think i will be able to rebuild my old compaq?
Will i be able to rebuild my old compaq presario into a badass gaming comp? :o
or am i juss better off getting a new case instead of gutting thhis one?
http://www.memorystock.com/memory/Co...rioS5000V.html

thts the link :>
Last edited by Jetsnix; Jan 27, 2010 at 06:29 PM.
Well, it's a compaq. Probably made for budget purposes, I'm assuming.

That's what I have been doing with my Asus, which was already made with gaming in mind. Even then, it has been very hard. The mobo isn't ideal, the case has horrible ventilation, and the power supply was originally really cheap.

And that was over 800 bucks.

If the compaq is too old, you'd probably need a new mobo for a new socket to fit a new processor so you could take advantage of a new gpu, with some new ram, new fans to cool it all down, and a new psu to power all of these. Shiz, I don't remember compaq making terribly good cases either. I know our old compaq doesn't, although yours is probably several steps above, since our old one was only 400 or 500 bucks.

Probably no.

But it would be nice to have a link to your model.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Gimp is Pimp(tm)

DarkJak's Wide-Range Texture Shop[LINK]

Incognito - [o]
@$#% 11 years?!

Just forget it.
Really. D:

Get all new parts for an all new pc. Better performance, looks better, will be easier to upgrade later on, and you'll have a spare pc for doc formatting or reading floppy disks :3
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Gimp is Pimp(tm)

DarkJak's Wide-Range Texture Shop[LINK]

Incognito - [o]
Originally Posted by jetsnix View Post
lol well i got my mac, shuld i build a new comp, or juss run bootcamp on my mac with windows 7? :|

burn the mac, it's a waste of money. You could build a computer that's much better for half the price and put Linux on it.

Linux and Mac are both based off Unix, so they're similar operating systems.

Linux is quite a bit harder to use than Mac, though, depending on what type you choose.
i liek turtelz xd