Ranking
Original Post
Music
Hello!
I recently bought the music item.
And i don't seem to find a way to use it

I cant upload the music file. It's .ogg and is 1.5 min long.

Can anyone tell me if they got a similiar problem?

Maybe create a tutorial or tell me what to do?
Texturer KnC Member Me
I bought one too. Idk what it does. I tried to use it and I had the exact same problem. I sold mine, I didn't think it would work at all so I just got rid of it. Maybe someone will know. I did see someone who had it working but I forgot to ask them and I forget their name. If I find out who it is I'll be sure to tell you.
Nikita Jean Tribble <33
~The Princess of Nsanity
The music is meant for a certain type of file. You may need to convert the file into the right one in order to make it work.
you need toribash version 4.1 or up the use music.and download music from a company to use the music ingame.
私の顔にそれを言う。
i have sucesfully with this,but i actually don't use sounds...
also: try ''Wav.'' or another conversor.
Kratos
The correct file type is .ogg. Just make sure you have an up-to-date version of Toribash and upload with the correct file type.
[spirit]
Yup I spent about an hour to figure out how to get it working, the foolproof way is to put the .ogg file in your custom, but when you get new versions, you gotta do it again.
The official way, is to convert your music file to .ogg using this. It's what I used. Before uploading your music make sure you got .ogg selected, and set it to the highest quality (extreme). Try to make sure your song isn't longer then 2 minutes, as the bigger it is, the longer it takes to upload. Then upoad, download it. Once you're done that, go to the music item choose the .ogg file wait for it to upload, and that stuff( might take a couple minutes). When it's done name it do whatever but most importantly make sure it's done correctly. If it is when you click the edit button, you should be able to play it in you're browser. If you can do this then you know that you did it properly. Hope that this helped some people.
-----
Edit: Also make sure that you have version 4.2, as this is what I used, as far as I know from what Hampa said, it's not possible to listen to music right now on a version lower then 4.2, since that's when he added the music option (spoken like a bug tester)
Last edited by Dscigs; Nov 5, 2012 at 10:57 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
|Replay|ORMO|
I've done that exact process several times now and I have also tried converting with Audacity. My problem is that after uploading my song, it says successfully uploaded, and the audio player widget appears, but it won't play the song. And when I click the link with the file name, I get a "404 Not Found" error. I tried activating it anyway but it doesn't work in-game.
Thank all for answers. Unfortunately, the answers wont work. I've done all that you've said thousands of times. i don't seem to be able to upload it.
Texturer KnC Member Me
This is probably a bug, their's a couple explanations:
1. You converted it wrong.
2. Your connection timed out because it was too big.
3. This is technical, I found that if you have the music item inside a set, that it won't work in-game. Try to keep it outside of sets, even if its messy.
4. You uploaded it properly but forgot to activate it.
So if you followed the steps I posted before, and it didn't give you 404 error, then try to activate it, sometimes you have to, sometimes you don't.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
|Replay|ORMO|