Toribash
Original Post
[TEX] First Tribal Set
Hey guys! this is my first tribal set, im still working on it.

I'll post some WIPs here.

WIP #1

WIP #2

I used GIMP 2.8.

CnC and rate Please.
Last edited by UkePT; Dec 15, 2012 at 06:34 PM.
the bevel look isnt attractive, tribals are best suited to being kept simple. let the strong lines and colours do most of the work, rather than using silly effects.
also, seeing as youre using brushes, id suggest having a look through my tutorial to make them look more original.
http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=282162

not too bad overall, youre already getting the basics down on how to rip the brushes into sortof your own shapes. id just suggest doing more with them
-=Art is never finished, only abandoned=-
Originally Posted by BenDover View Post
the bevel look isnt attractive, tribals are best suited to being kept simple. let the strong lines and colours do most of the work, rather than using silly effects.
also, seeing as youre using brushes, id suggest having a look through my tutorial to make them look more original.
http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=282162

not too bad overall, youre already getting the basics down on how to rip the brushes into sortof your own shapes. id just suggest doing more with them

i didnt used bevel, that is just drop shadow. I started making tribals because of that tutorial that you did.
Thanks for the opinion
I like it its got style and good choice of coloring... One thing I would change about it though is for sure just finish the rest like the pecs and stomach it will make it look better.
Are you trying to mirror it? the biceps don't really match up at the front and the head is blurry in the second wip. i dont mind the bevel, it looks nice, i think this set will look pretty good when it is done
Clan League 2013 & 2019 Champion
Praise BONDarenko
ur texture is good, but i dont like pink, maybe you can change that to black or some thing . i will give you 6.5/10
Originally Posted by togo1234556 View Post
I like it its got style and good choice of coloring... One thing I would change about it though is for sure just finish the rest like the pecs and stomach it will make it look better.

Thanks, i will finish this set for sure.

Originally Posted by rumbshan View Post
Are you trying to mirror it? the biceps don't really match up at the front and the head is blurry in the second wip. i dont mind the bevel, it looks nice, i think this set will look pretty good when it is done

the head is blurry because i'm using 128x textures , and the biceps match perfectly at the front just dl lp me and see.

Originally Posted by Cerezo View Post
ur texture is good, but i dont like pink, maybe you can change that to black or some thing . i will give you 6.5/10

thanks, i just made it pink/purple because i'm using velvet force.
Sooo good dude! Simple details but very cool. The color doesn't matter this can work good in all colors.
Nice job. i hope you can finish it.
9,1/10
Originally Posted by Sainzgc View Post
Sooo good dude! Simple details but very cool. The color doesn't matter this can work good in all colors.
Nice job. i hope you can finish it.
9,1/10

Thanks dude!