Endurance Onslaught 6.0
Original Post
[Art] Pixel art

improved walkcycle

very fast preview (slower in game)

lol
death

Level design:

If anyone wonders why there are white dots around the character it is just my bad gif making skills, they do not appear in the game

These are made in Photoshop cs4

Do not steal the gifs or images in the gifs.

These are made for a 2d RPG game I'm working on, I have worked constantly on this in my spare time the last week, this is just a small part of what I have done. I am still learning pixel art, so any suggestions/tips and tricks are welcome.

comments are appreciated
Have a nice day and check out my gallery down below
Last edited by Ezeth; Jun 14, 2012 at 11:53 AM.
very fast preview (slower in game)

Lol what? They are already slow enough as shown here xD.

Anyway, this is already better than any pixel art I can make, however the first and second gif are not complete walk cycles if you know what I mean. You also may want to move the arms of the second gif. The first gif's biceps look weird as well.

The 3rd gif is great, but I just wanted to share that it looks like it has the same running style as Green llama

Everything else is pretty decent.
3DS FC: 2750 - 1690 - 5913
Acesonnall's Temporary Site: http://flavors.me/acesonnall (If anyone cares)
instead of just moving the arms, move the torso and head a few pixels each frame to remove that feeling of "Stiffness"
Originally Posted by SlyBash View Post
instead of just moving the arms, move the torso and head a few pixels each frame to remove that feeling of "Stiffness"

I agree.

Also, I'd love to see the game when it's finished.
Originally Posted by Acesonnall View Post
Lol what? They are already slow enough as shown here xD.

I ment the 4th gif, not all of them. its a dying animation where its supposed to freeze at the last frame.

Originally Posted by Tor1g0d View Post
will you release the game onto toribash?

Most likely yes, but I will be working on it at least out this summer so its going to take some time. I might hire some more people in the future to accelerate the process.

Originally Posted by SlyBash View Post

Good idea!
Last edited by Ezeth; Apr 20, 2012 at 08:13 AM.
first and second gif

can't say they're pixel art, it seems like you made them with a normal brush

you need to improve the walking skills, try to watch gifs of walking people and stuff, it helps a lot to get the dimensions right

this is goat
Walkcycle started

edit: done sort of, still some tweaks needed to be done!

53 sprite pictures in under two weeks (: not bad
Last edited by Ezeth; Apr 24, 2012 at 09:35 AM.

This is really great!

Is it going to be one of those very easy games where you don't have to think at all yourself? Or is it gonna be a good old fashioned motherfucking hard game, where there are basically no hints given in the game?

So far those animations could use a few more frames to make them appear smoother. Or another way of smoothing them is to give them some motion trails.

Looking forward for this game.
Want to join GATA?Apply here
Free textures
agreed, that level design looks hot

impossible to tell how far away the mountains are tho, not sure how you could correct that though. adding relative scaling objects for context in the background would just make the characters in the foreground look like giants. cant really do anything about the perspective either, unless you want to adapt it to a metal slug type layout?

the only thing i can think of is making the foreground colours much bolder/bolder lines to make it look more solid, or using a noticeably smaller brush size for the background
-=Art is never finished, only abandoned=-