Endurance Onslaught 6.0
Original Post
[Tex] Metroid Prime 2 Set
I've been working on this metroid prime 2 light sut head off and on for a couple days now, and I finally worked out a rough copy. Apart from some mapping oddness and slightly off side panels, this is as far as I can go with it. The suit is rather plain on it's own from a detail standpoint, so I would like some CnC On how it looks now and some tips...

Head

There's very little to add to the head from the original light suit, so I just need some tips on things I could fix (apart from the black neck hole, that won't stay), and maybe some tips on making it have a similar finish to the game model. in the game, the suit had a pearl-like sheen to it, and I have no clue how to do that with a texture. I would also like to give the visor piece more depth and maybe make it look more like it's glowing, but the glow isn't as important.
Last edited by Deridor; Jun 7, 2015 at 06:21 AM.

Update! I remade the ear panel things and used some IF magic (or at least the magic that got me into IF) to get the pearly look I was going for. ISn't captured perfectly here, but it looks way better now. not perfect yet, but I'm getting there!

I would have made another spinning globe but couldn't make a shadeless one in gimp, and the light glared too much off the bright texture.
It's pretty close already, the original has a bit of an off-white tinge to it, paler yellow than anything in tb so I think how it is now is a good compromise between the original and toribash colors. I'll see how it looks though, especially since I'm planning on making it a full-joint set. The shoulders are going to be fun, they're spheres to begin with XD

I'm hyped about the way I made the pearl shading, it'll give me a better technique for future texturing.

Edit:

I actually like this a lot better, and it still fits tb pretty well, thanks for the idea. I think my next steps are just to reposition everything, it all feels a bit too high on the head to me.
Last edited by Deridor; Jun 5, 2015 at 03:01 PM.
i tought you were going for this version
never seen that version before :O
the chest area looks amazing to work, hope you can create it
it seems to go well with ivory pure and platinum
yeah I was looking at ivory, but it's more of a very light tan than yellow.

This is the light suit from metroid prime 2: echoes, the only metroid game I've played, but one of my favorite games ever. I chose it because it looked fairly simple and sounded amazing as a full joint set, and it looks awesome in the game.

Also:

Fixed the positioning and emphasized the visor area. not exactly how it's meant to look, but I'm no master here...
Originally Posted by Deridor View Post
I don't quite get what you mean

in the example that you've showned the "ear" things are rounder and are not horizontal they are have a little rotation