Toribash
Original Post
what games have you fallen in love with?
Hey, so I'm wondering what games some of you guys think really stand out among others, games that make you feel a certain way or hold your attention longer than others. Ones that allow you to make an emotional connection with the storyline or characters. Every once in a while I stumble into an exeptional title that holds my attention for far longer than any other games, and getting input from you guys would really help. Here are some of mine:
Skyrim: good story but I love it because of its modding community and immense replayability, if you can even fully complete it.
Far cry 3: well written characters and a Good story, at least in the first half. The game does a great job making the player feel emotional about a character's death, not to mention it's stunning visuals and great gunplay, even for today.
mass effect series: even though the ending was less than satisfactory, the act of building relationships with characters ingame through the conversation System is awesome, knowing the same people throughout the course of 3 games really gives you a connection to them, to say nothing of the amazing story and gameplay.
Shadow of the colossus: one of my favorite old games of all time, very little is shown ingame and there is almost no diolouge, but the game has more of an open ended artistic theme to it. The battles with gigantic monsters are epic as well, and another cool thing is the rumor of a 17th colossus, which people to this day are still looking for. The game may be old but it's scenery still never fails to impress me due to the mysterious factor that plays into it.
the halo games (most of them): I've been playing Halo for years and years, and it's one of the best first person shooters I've played. Following the same master cheif and cortana, bungie never fails to build up hype and anticipation for a new title, and almost never fails to impress me when they finally do. It may not have the open world aspect aloud of us have come to expect, but it is amazing nonetheless, single player and multiplayer. you may not have as much satisfaction playing the first few as I did, but in that time they were awesome to me.
finally, toribash: I'm sure you've heard of th is game by now, considering where you're reading this, but the reason I love this game, put shortly, is because of the skill and dedication it takes to stick with it. It is a game without an obvious skill cap like some games, and the community is the perfect size in my opinion. It's big enough that the servers and forums are active,but small enough that you can coincidentally find your friend in a server and be able to say "hey I'll see you tomorrow". In games like battlefield or call of Duty, you meet a player but never see them again. You just can't leave toribash forever.

Well that's my list, feel free to add some of yours, I'm always looking for great games to play and not just leave in my steam library.
(Origin)
Alot of people dispise me when I name the games that i have fallen in love with in my many years of gaming. However this is all because all those people care about the graphics of the games, not entirely the story and gameplay.

My first game that i had every fallen in love with was Chrono Trigger, i had gotten it on my DS when i was younger, which after having played loads of RPG's which have the common day to day random encounters ; which had gotten quite boring after multiple games with the exact same mechanic. Chrono Trigger was the exact opposite, other than this was also the fact that the story is fantastic was another reason why i had fallen in love with this game.

My other game love, is more of a series love. That is Legend of Zelda, every game except for the DS touch based games, were amazing. Great story, and gameplay. To this day, i have probably completed Ocarina of Time, 100 times. Which i learn something new every time i start a new save.
I have fallen in love with the adventure/open-world games that Bethesda makes, which is the Elder Scrolls and Fallout series. Both have hours of content, really great storyline, and fun gameplays. They have a wide range of mods available (believe me, I have 30gbs worth of mods for skyrim, will upload a pic later lol) so you can never, ever get bored of playing them.

Minecraft: What can I say? I love open-world games, both the multpiplayer and single-player modes are fun, and if you can find the right server, you will enjoy and appreciate the game more. (Also the mods. Holy shit the wide range of mods.)

Brink: This is not an open-world game but it is made by Bethesda, and thats the only reason why I played/tested it. Gameplay is awesome! (Parkour?! Freaking Mirror's Edge with guns man!) Has a lot of classes and designs, and great graphics. Storyline is a bit meh though. You play as the rebels who try to free yourself and shit, so you participate in convuluted missions and stuff, or either as a the defenders of the place, who fight the rebels n' shit.

Mount and Blade series esp. Warband and the new Viking Conquest: Open-world. Lots of events, dynamic world, great gameplay, what more can you ask? Commanding an army is awesome!

Age of Empires Series: Fuck yeah! With lots of nationalities, strategies and maps, you'll never get bored of this one. (Command and Conquer series is good too and Battle Realms.)

Harvest Moon Series: Because why not? I love farming <3 also, I love economies, marketing and trading for some reason, but mainly it's because of the great world you're in, with lots of opportunities and friends and stuff.

FIFA Series: Major football/soccer lover here. So yeah. No further discussions needed.

Stronghold Series and Recettear: I've fallen in love with these games but I think I'm losing my love for them. Anyways they're fun, and awesome. They're both have diff genres btw but eh. I'll go into detail:
Stronghold is fun, the fact that you're managing an economy while you have enemies nearby is fun. Typical RTS game yes, but I don't know, I think Stronghold has that special something that makes me like it. I just can't pinpoint it at the moment.
Recettear is awesome! You are a shopkeeper whilst going to a dungeon looting monsters to sell them to your shop to pay off a debt or you can just buy low sell high. The anime graphics make it KAWAIIII and the unique gameplay is awesomesauce! :3
And with a lot of random events (like price drops and sales) and a wide range of hireable characters to go with inside the dungeon, you'll never get bored of it.

Finally, Toribash. You know what? Honestly, toribash's gameplay is unique and all but I really like toribash for it's community. Wit ha lot of friendly people, dynamic events and shit you'll never get bored of it and you'll always strive to be the best. :3

~Anyways this is all. Peaceout yo!
✦RIP -zzzkie, I'll miss you 2012-2015 #neverforget.✦
👼Proud owner and leader of [Ascend] with my brother, Nevramon👼
Check out my 🎧 FREE💃 sound request shop! - I have a lot of art (like, 45+ heads and a few sets) for sale! PM me for them!
world of warcraft. why? pvp and pve is both pretty fun. it may have become a little stale in the new expansions, and that's why i roleplay. it may seem nerdy, but it's fine. creating your character with your own story behind it, and then just continue to build a story.
M I N I V A N
Not gonna lie i loved Pokemon as child (emerald, green,yellow,etc.)
Something about that games just makes me really happy :P
That baby aint mine
Team Fortress 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bcuz its really cool,really funny,really addicting,and for me,this is the most unique FPS game ever
+ i always use Demoman class and beheading other players heads from their body so easily like "GIVE MEH UR HEAD ALREADY NUBS,CUZ IM GONNA DECAP U."
I'll try to make this quick.
Childhood games like Pokemon, Yu Gi Oh!, Warcraft 3 and Left 4 Dead because it made me so happy when I was a kid. Open world games like Skyrim and Fallout 3 because adventuring is fun, unfortunately haven't played Farcry 3 yet. Games with good story like Heavy Rain and The Last Of Us because it gave me feels and got me so touched. And lastly, Toribash because it's the game it takes so long to get tired of.
Master of the arcane arts
I grew up in a large, dis-functional family, I initially started to skate and then graffiti... My number one favourite game form when I started to play games was on the PS1.. The game was called 'Matt Hoffman's BMX 2' and then on I have been playing games similar, the one that I have recently played is 'Skate 3' on the PS3.

My father had an X-BOX that was chipped, it was illegal and all but it was still alright (I didn't know it was illegal back then) and you could loan a game from the rental store and put it in the X-BOX and it would scan it and save it to the hard drive of it, and it could then enable you to play the game without the disc. It was quite the gizmo.

Halo was the first game that I finished at the age of 2. (According to my mum).

At the moment the 'Next Gen Consoles' are really, really bad.. Especially the PS4, as the games cost 30-50gb of data and the console has the max data of 750gb. So around 12-15 games per console, and it doesn't allow you to connect an external hard-drive so that you could transfer and the installed data to be portable, but only to the specific console. (Eg. Console name and IP Address connected to it)

My half-rant has now stopped.
Liquor saved my life but it didn't save my wife

Dark Souls. No matter what part. They are both amazing! It's challenging, frustrating, DaS2 is disappointing, there are a lot of tryhards magic spammers and there is bad netcode, you're repeating "bullshit" over the time. But still it's a really fun game especially if you know how to fun in DaS. This game have a descent story, good level and enemy design, giant choice of weapon and armor. You can be a glorious knight or foking ninja with katana, mage spammer or pyromancer spammer. This game have a huge playability. It's just... Just one of the best game so far.

Serious Sam. My favorite shooter of all times! Also, it was my first game EVER! Tons of mobs in one big landscape, a lot of types of enemies and various weapon.

Binding of Isaac. Edmund made a damn masterpiece! Rouge-like game with random generated area and items you find during your playthrough that changes stats of your character or that add him some useful passive effects (or usless or even negative effects).
ratchet and clank series is too fun to ignore, always a huge blast to play

panzer dragoon 2 (mostly nostalgic value but i still defend it has awesome gameplay and the best soundtrack)

wipeout games too especially the first one on saturn, pulse on psp and hd fury on ps3.
oh yeah