Toribash
Original Post
regret
Does anyone here regret the absurd amount of time they spent on toribash and why? Or not? I mean this whole heartedly. I reflect on my time spent in competitive games and in the toribash community, and I don't think it was worth it in the end. There were some good things and some bad things, but ultimately, I feel like I could've spent my time doing other things. I gave a lot here, and threw a lot away here. I learned how to type English fairly well, but I threw away a lot of time. When I look at the community now, I have some positive feelings, but a lot of cringe feelings. I can say that I am not necessarily proud of what toribash has become over the last bunch of years.

I will say, the friends that I met and the good times that I spent were leagues above most. I appreciate what I was able to gather, even if I don't think it was the best time spent.
Chickster: I literally don't know why I did it.
Toribash has profoundly influenced my perspective on nearly every aspect of life, and I am eternally grateful for that. On a larger scale, time is wasted no matter what you do. The key is whether you enjoyed the moment. Everything, including ourselves, will eventually come to an end. So, it's important to savor the moments as they are and not stress over the emotions and critical thinking applied to your memories when reflecting on your life.

i can see physics thanks to toribash, idk how to explain it but with bmx/skateboarding i can see what i need to do to perform tricks the same way i feel/see how to move my tori. im able to slow it down and go frame by frame in my head and it makes learning/perfoming tricks alot easier imo.

so many mental traits and processes that ive developed from playing toribash have helped me in so many ways its enough to keep me here forever

toribash isnt so much a game to me as it is a discipline i practice. same as action sports/martial arts/sports/etc
Last edited by Kirito; Jul 18, 2024 at 05:32 AM.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Nomad Moderated Message:
Be more straightforward with your uplifting messages or I'll fucking skin you alive.
Toribash will never be a waste of time or a regret, the friends, the art, the love, and the sex has been amazing all around.
Most of it was pretty fun nglOnly reason i really got stuck was because of meeting Fred in a random server further back than I'd like to remember
Jun 2, 2023 - .best. day. ever.
Toribash was the catalyst for my English learning journey and I would never be fluent without this community. It also inspired me to pursue a degree in Portuguese/English and become an English teacher.
Former Admin, Smod, Market Squad, Clan Squad and Toriagent. If you got any questions please don't contact me, thank you!
Originally Posted by Link View Post
Does anyone here regret the absurd amount of time they spent on toribash and why? Or not? I mean this whole heartedly. I reflect on my time spent in competitive games and in the toribash community, and I don't think it was worth it in the end. There were some good things and some bad things, but ultimately, I feel like I could've spent my time doing other things. I gave a lot here, and threw a lot away here. I learned how to type English fairly well, but I threw away a lot of time. When I look at the community now, I have some positive feelings, but a lot of cringe feelings. I can say that I am not necessarily proud of what toribash has become over the last bunch of years.

I will say, the friends that I met and the good times that I spent were leagues above most. I appreciate what I was able to gather, even if I don't think it was the best time spent.

yeah I regret this game, I could be getting my money up but instead im fuggin losin it
Type 1 if you are edging
HUH? | EL 4 LYFE
I don't regret my time in TB. I've made a bunch of mistakes but honestly I'm happy with how things are. I learned blender exclusively to make fun items for toribash. Now I'm a passionate 3d artist because of my start in tb.