Toribash
Original Post
[SOLVED] Farming Inquiry
Hello all.
So, I have a question about farming. I've recently started enjoying playing
Aikido matches set on a reaction time of 2-5 seconds. I find that the limited
time is more of a challenge, and others on my servers have too.

However, I have recently been informed that matches with a reaction time less
than 10 seconds are considered farming. Is this true? I've tried to find a full
definition, but have had no luck.

tl;dr- Are matches with a reaction timer less than 10 seconds regarded as farming?

Thanks,
Totality.
In general, your reaction time setting SHOULD NOT be less than the setting in a QuickAikido room. I would imagine that any lower than that could potentially be called out as farming given the right circumstances.
I see. I can understand the logic in that, I was just hoping to find some post that specifically states this is the case. It'd be disappointing not to be able to play fast, legit Aikido games. Is there a way I can disable QI gain while on a server I create? I'd be quite willing to do so in order to enjoy this game mode.
Originally Posted by Totality View Post
I see. I can understand the logic in that, I was just hoping to find some post that specifically states this is the case. It'd be disappointing not to be able to play fast, legit Aikido games. Is there a way I can disable QI gain while on a server I create? I'd be quite willing to do so in order to enjoy this game mode.

Not unless you have Game dev powers. You can however create a room, put two of your accounts in that room and fight yourself. You can't gain Qi from matches against yourself, but make sure it is in a private (your) room. Otherwise it could be mistaken for multiclienting and possible bannable.

Originally Posted by Swaves View Post
If he doesn't have a booster on or intention to "farm" any thing, would it still be farming?

Yes. Farming is simply playing games as fast as possible with altered rules that end the game faster. Anyone could simply lie and claim they had no intentions of doing it but still do it.
That's a shame indeed. If I could play two clients on 5 seconds, I'd probably be using my ninja reflexes to rule the world by now. Thanks for the quick reply and advice, I suppose I'll pursue other avenues of being able to play like this. If you don't mind, what do you think my chances are of having this mode introduced as an official server? As is plain to see, I'm not very active on the forums.
Originally Posted by Wolfe View Post
Not unless you have Game dev powers. You can however create a room, put two of your accounts in that room and fight yourself. You can't gain Qi from matches against yourself, but make sure it is in a private (your) room. Otherwise it could be mistaken for multiclienting and possible bannable.

Yes. Farming is simply playing games as fast as possible with altered rules that end the game faster. Anyone could simply lie and claim they had no intentions of doing it but still do it.

Yes, You can't play against yourself for some reason. Also not everyone farms people play for fun as well
Originally Posted by Wolfe View Post
Not likely, but you can suggest it in the suggestions sub forms for better opinions if you'd like.

I'll look into it more when I have the time, thanks again.
Originally Posted by Swaves View Post
Yes, You can't play against yourself for some reason. Also not everyone farms people play for fun as well

You can: http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=407819

And that's a rather bad mentality to take up on the issue but whatever suits you I suppose.

Originally Posted by Totality View Post
I'll look into it more when I have the time, thanks again.

No problem, glad I could help out. Problem has been solved, mods feel free to close.