Toribash
Original Post
self-sparring
this is my very first spar, with myself or otherwise. i started playing toribash in september and jumped straight into multiplayer, so i have no real prior experience with single player. i promise my replay doesn't totally suck and is worth at least one viewing. i edited match frames for the sake of brevity and viewer enjoyment.

requesting general CnC as well as, if possible, answers to these specific questions:

• i didn't know what to do for an opener so i did two essentially identical ninjutsu launch openers. do you improvise openers when you spar? do you experiment with openers in sp before using them in multiplayer? i didn't have any issue improvising movement back to the opponent when i was already moving, but getting it started was confusing to me.

• there were some times (i.e uke's awkward movements between 650 and 550) where i thought "maybe this will look/work better if i wait 1 turn to extend/contract this joint" but it ended up not looking natural at all. does this kind of "foresight" develop with time or is it a matter of trial and error?

• the final groin kick on uke that knocks him over is clocked at almost 47 on the speedometer, but still looks pretty wimpy. what could i have done to make it look more powerful?
Attached Files
self spar.rpl (428.6 KB, 18 views)
Your a lot like me, i went straight into mutiplayer and didnt know really about anything else. And now im okay with singleplayer, not great lol. but it is not bad at all for a first self spar.