Toribash
Original Post
[Music] We Are Golden
I've been working on this song for a while, finally finished it. Thought I should share it with you guys
https://soundcloud.com/djriptupofficial/we-are-golden
Thanks
[The genre is house/dance, but kinda has my own style in it].

I use fl studio 12
Last edited by Azazel; Jun 10, 2016 at 10:50 PM.
Former [AS] Co-Leader (Two times), Former [eVo] member, Current [TANG] member <3
Nice track you got here, I like the idea. Happy house anthem, just how people like it.

Few things mixing wise tho.

Your lead horn sample is clipping pre-chorus. The track is clipping somehow, you can hear slight distortion because of that.
The prechorus' chords dont exactly match up with the lead horn loop.
The clipping is also noticeable in the drop, you can hear the track pumping in a bit of a chaotic way.
You probably have some limiting in your master channel that makes the track pump a bit needlessly, I recommend lowering the overall db of your mix and then boosting it in master/post.
That way you can control the amount of limiting easier.
Because of the pumping the mix feels a bit muddy, it drowns some elements from the track. I recommend EQing the individual synths to be a bit lighter and giving them some space to breathe
Even possibly removing some elements. Try refrence listening to some popular house tracks and you'll notice that they are quite clean in the end, and don't have very many synths layered in the end.
A full sound =/= maximum possible synths.
Yeah, I see what you mean. I'll work on doing this on other tracks.
Former [AS] Co-Leader (Two times), Former [eVo] member, Current [TANG] member <3