Ranking
Original Post
AI
It's come to my attention that the community misunderstands my art and puts it down as just AI and being fully honest with my heart on my sleeve, it breaks my heart.

It's not AI, it's not possible to make an entire set using AI, I will explain and hopefully you guys can also empathize a little with me as an artist who's tried to set a precedent in setmaking because of my love for the game, please don't undermine my efforts, I hope this isn't too long but I will try to hit every nail and I invite anyone to openly ask me anything, as I think that this rumour has been also perpetrated by my silence on it due to the fact that I am a private person who doesn't participate much in the community apart from making sets.

Firstly, my setmaking has already gone under investigation as you guys can confirm here: link and some days later it was all under control: here, now what happened between these days was that Athin very professionally contacted me to know about the methods I use to make sets, which remain the same, I use affinity photo, fireworks CS6, and mostly 3D modeling, I sent him a number of raw WIP files with layers for shading, 3D renders, and he deemed it acceptable to market and not some sort of trickery like how I honestly feel lately reading some opinions about me which shouldn't affect me but I cannot help feeling helpless and emotionally invested in something so personal like my art, I'm hopeful you will understand.

I have made over 40 sets that I am incredibly proud of and I have said multiple times that I will stop, and honestly I have stopped, I am not really bumping my threads and I have not done much even if I've done some amazing sets lately, this is because I am also working on a local fashion brand that I'm passionate about and I have little time to make sets, I've made them mostly for close friends and clients who I talk to on Discord

Mostly, I'd like this to be an open thread to discuss what I've seen people post about my art, chucking it down to just AI, which I will be very honest and clear: I have used some AI to make the base for a few ground textures, an icon or two, and not much more, please if there is anything you've seen in my art which rings a bell to AI ask me about it, please don't just go around undermining what takes so long for me to do, as I make my sets so quickly because art is my full-time job, I spend easily 12 to 16 hours per day designing when I have pending designs, this is why a set takes me 4 to 5 days up to a full week sometimes. It is not something that I do in 5 minutes.

I am truly heartbroken to see the community just toss me as an artist, I have stopped using the AI-powered Topaz lab suite I mentioned here and just increased the base resolution of the toribash model I use which comes from here to have natural full 1024x and work from there

This is how the process of making a set looks:

Now this is an easy one because the model for biscuit already existed, for a more complex set like a hellraiser one I did I had to use many references and build it up from there

and for sets like the latest I've done something I've always done and that Athin verified which is mix and match a lot of 3d models like so:

which is NOT something that breaks any sort of rule because Athin did investigate this and checked this out, this is the same method I've always used for some sets, and I assure you it is a lot of work, honestly.

I make some basic models and use source-free models for references, after setting the materials, changing the textures to make them all match, putting them together in order, setting the lightning, then rendering with the proper render settings and all that, this is what I use blender for.

This is what my folders look like:

I live and breathe this game, I have a toribash tattoo, I really love this community deeply.

Please don't toss me as just an AI junk artist, I feel I am a little more than that, I don't know where the rumours come from but I don't care, just please talk to me about it, this is a direct line of conversation, I'm here, I won't deny my feelings are hurt but I feel it's more important than that, I don't want to see the art community divulge into judgement of methods or stagnation due to pride. I have always been open about my methods, I haven't made the free set for the community I've said I'm going to because I've had very little time due to work, but please give me a chance, I'm proud of my sets, I'm not asking you to like them, I'm just asking not to be disregarded for something which I don't even do, I don't want validation, I just don't want the disrespect and attack to my art because it is incredibly personal to me and it is one of my favorite means of expression.

I'm sorry if I've offended anyone really, I just hope that you guys could give me a chance.

EDIT:
TL; DR courtesy of Loona and ChatGPT

Originally Posted by Loona View Post
For all the tldr people, I asked chat gpt to summarize the op

The author is hurt by claims that their art is AI-generated, clarifying they use professional tools with minimal AI involvement. Their work has been validated by a professional. They are passionate about the game, having created over 40 sets. They ask for open communication, respect, and understanding from the community, emphasizing the significant effort they put into their art.

Thank you.
Last edited by Alejandro; 1 Week Ago at 07:40 PM.
I dont believe you

EDIT: Ok the sarcasm doesnt come across on a forum post but truthfully it's clear that your art is not AI generated
BRODY GIVES 0 FUCKS
tldr

If I was able to have one wish, it would be to live closer to my one true love Fred, his beard tastes so nice.
He is also a far superior tk player.
LegGang
Valid, alejandro sets will always be top tier.

He's the Eminem of toribash
Don't be afraid to pm me with any questions you may have.

Alternatively, you can dm me on discord username: Death29
Originally Posted by sirkill1 View Post
I now exclusively create ai art.

thats not ai, you def drew that
Type 1 if you are edging
HUH? | EL 4 LYFE