Toribash
Original Post
Are the Toribash clans stories all connected?
Bear with me

I decided to take a better look into something that is often overlooked when making a toribash clan: the story.

As some of the clans had removed or edited their main page once they hit official status, the clan story became optional, and many clans deleted the lore altogether, an event similar to the Alexandria library that occurred in 48 BC. And just like the burning of the books of Alexandria, not everything was lost, and some pieces of the true story had survived. This thread is a dive into trying to figure out the true lore behind Toribash itself.

The clans whose stories had not been claimed by fire, and its part in story:

clans

EPILOGUE
Originally Posted by From Tokugawa shogun stories
The Tokugawa bakufu [...] was the last feudal Toribash military government that ruled over Toribash from 1603 through 1868. It was during this period that Toribash adopted a policy, “Sakoku,” that isolated the whole game from the outside world.

In the beggining, Toribash was only a game, but at some point, currently lost/unknown knowledge, Toribash became sentient and a world of its own. During and after this time it was ruled similar to feudal Japan, and between 1603 and 1868 it adopted a policy known as Sakoku, which resulted in the isolation from the Real world and the Toribash world. One of the clans that ruled during this period were the Tokuwaga family:
The Tokugawa clan was a powerful toridaimyō family that ruled as shōguns from 1603 to 1867. The clan was founded by AkumaSnake and Gh0stRaven and were said to have descended from a branch of the best clan.

As you may or may not have noticed, this clan ruled from 1603 to 1867, but 1868 was the beggining of one of the major events in the history of Toribash.

The Calamity
Originally Posted by From the VIBE stories
There was a glorious mage of the old ages who went by the name, Sparky. She wasn't like the other mages, she didn't waste away time in front of a spell book, or trying to master alchemy... She was busy forming the ultimate Ye Olde Conga Line. She dubbed those who followed in her steps of the conga line as her Vibers. They conga'd through various lands and traveled across many seas. They chanted "Don't kill my vibe!" as they passed through the crowds. Those who joined willingly, survived. Those who refused, were conquered and went down in history. It's rumored that Ye Olde Conga Line is so powerful, anyone who dares to disrupt it, Sparky will strike them with 40,000 volts of electricity straight to the nipples.

At some point during the rule of the Tokugawas, a powerful mage was studying the dark magic of Ye Olde Conga Line. It may be possible that Tokugawa fell to the mage. From what was left of the Tokugawa, the spirits of the clan lived on, being reborn, invisible to the world, but persisting into becoming stronger.

The ghost of the shoguns
Originally Posted by Hidden lore
The sky was gray, the cold was biting, the rain hit hard on the bare earth, the tension was constant, the horizon was empty.
The War left notable scars in the hearts of men. Legacies are cruel, memories are desperate.
I remember that at the time the houses were ruins, under constant risk of looting. Our best shelter was a large, heavy tree there.
We started to form small groups to defend ourselves. It was pretty wild stuff. The weaker groups were soon disbanded or decimated, the more intelligent groups perpetrated. We developed defense mechanisms, information was our best weapon.
As the long months passed, we established our base, we grew. However, we had no name. We were omnipresent, omniscient, solid and mysterious. People outside had no knowledge of what was going on in the organization, in fact, neither did I. The strangest thing of all was the disappearance, the organization had disappeared, I can't say why.
Everyone thought we decided to work quietly, and they called us Hidden, which is kind of funny.
Who we are? We are the whole. Our origin? The despair. Our language? The silence.
Our mission? Deepen the roots.
My name is ^;´%&, and I ...^:$: `*...;.^: ....?;@.

The ghosts of the tokugawas became the hidden nation, working from the shadows, unseen to the world, and eventually becoming stronger.

Rumour: it is possible that in between the mage strike and the fall of the tokugawas, they were also struck by other clans, such as win, which can be considered in the following passage:
Originally Posted by the winners book

(w) win is an clan composed of the most epic gamers in the toribash community. [...]
they used to wage duel upon duel against each other, hungry to take away the opponent's belongings.

Originally Posted by Hidden lore
I remember that at the time the houses were ruins, under constant risk of looting. Our best shelter was a large, heavy tree there.

Chaos era: The Vector Strike and An army of broken soldiers
Originally Posted by Vector Artifacts
We came from nowhere... And we are going to take over Toribash.

At an unspecified time, the Vector clan attacked, with the intent to take over the world(Toribash). This lead to a period of chaos and disorder, but from the despair rose an army using chaos to attack chaos itself.

Originally Posted by the dysfunctional legion
From the Depths of Dysfunction a single Ruler arose and created
a Dynasty of Fighters. After a Great War broke out and the Ruler was cast out by the invading clan. He swore to create a Clan of Rebels and take down Anyone in his way.
He named this Clan of Rebels The Dysfunctional Army...

The Quest for the Banner
Originally Posted by The final legion
The Last Legion is a clan of people who have always wanted banners but were never able to get them. In their despair they banded together to wander the earth for all time in search of these sacred images. We have been through many trials in our search, and there have been many false hopes, but we will persevere.

At face value they may be searching just for bland banners, but there may be a deeper meaning to this. Banners may be another word used for flags, which is what a nation may be known for. The reason for their search is a mistery, they may have been the last nation on the world, in search for another amid the emptiness. Whatever the reason may be, they may have found it:

Originally Posted by Around the world in 500 frames' book
The gravel and dust crumples under your feet. You take a moment to gather your strength, and attain your bearings. A shrill wind whistles past your ear, grains of sand lashing at your face. Behind you lay mountains, in front of you, seemingly endless dunes of sand and gravel. Rubble of a civilisation forgotten by man.

Rumour: It is also possible that this forgotten civilization were the tokugawa themselves:
Originally Posted by Around the world in 500 frames' book
Quaking knees and quivering arms collapse beneath you and the sun's bloom clouds your vision - save two silhouetted figures, black as the void against the beating white of the sun.

You were searching for a lost Tribe, rumours surrounded their very existence as they disappeared many moons ago

the clan was founded by AkumaSnake and Gh0stRaven and were said to have descended from a branch of the best clan.

The Civilized Era and the Uncertain Future
Currently, the clans seems to be in a relatively peaceful era. Many of the clans focusing on self protection rather than conquest, and in some cases even advocating for world peace:
Originally Posted by The Sun Book
We are [Sun], a clan devoted to making Toribash a friendlier
place[...]

Originally Posted by The Iron Book
I had 2 clans before,[...]They're dead at this moment, and unfortunately, i can't revive it. Thats why i made this one. I want to replace them both and protect the clan and it's members like the apple of one's eye.

Originally Posted by Today's Vector
To ensure, V doesn't mean vendetta, V means Vector.
Our purpose is to make sure our members can evolve in every way possible. You could think of us as a sort of academy.
We're here to teach and learn.

As we unveil more of the lost knowledge we will figure more out about the future of our little ToriWorld. We still have some loose ends: What happened to the mage, and is tribe really the tokugawas?
Last edited by victortb; 1 Week Ago at 04:28 AM.
retired replaymaker | discord: victortb#9592
Brothers the yappster
Don't be afraid to pm me with any questions you may have.

Alternatively, you can dm me on discord username: Death29
tldr

If I was able to have one wish, it would be to live closer to my one true love Fred, his beard tastes so nice.
He is also a far superior tk player.
LegGang
Publish the "Toribash Conspiracy Theories" mystery book already.
<a href=https://imgur.com/gallery/AnXm6 target=_blank>https://imgur.com/gallery/AnXm6</a>
Dargon Moderated Message:
Infracted for having the best goddamn replays in Toribash history.

Let me cook damnit

Originally Posted by Fear View Post
victor your posts are outstanding

no u

Originally Posted by Fire View Post
tldr

Toribash became sentient and separated the world into real world and toribash world, then tokugawa ruled for centuries. sparky came and attacked tokugawa, probably [win] attacked them too, then tokugawa became hidden.
then suddenly vector strikes, then dysfunctional army counter strikes.
then tll goes on a quest for a banner, which probably are flags, and finds tribe instead, which is probably remnants from tokugawa
then peace maybe?

Originally Posted by Starfield View Post
Publish the "Toribash Conspiracy Theories" mystery book already.

once it's done

Originally Posted by Frost View Post
How does drinking get involved in all this?

if u didn't burn ur books maybe we'd have a clue. Probably the entire reason the world is separated is because someone from liquor gave hampa expired booze and he went on a rampage, but we have no proof of that ever happening

I'm thinking about skimming some of the dead clan stories too to see what I can find here
Last edited by victortb; 1 Week Ago at 01:19 AM.
retired replaymaker | discord: victortb#9592