Toribash
Original Post
uke is so persistent -_-'
more replays in following posts

I already told him he ain't getting the burger, but he keeps on bugging about it, so I had no other choice...

but to kick the stuffing outta him... and then i got a bit carried away and bashed him some more

we discusd the cheezburger alredy: this replay is one of those that are just so flawless and made out of intuition that you have no original intentions for it after which to name it. naming simply "airy combo" or something else that only broadly describes what it may be would have been a waste. so I named it into the canon started by the nograb madman that was the previous replay of this style that I came up with.
crescent kick: I've been dreaming of making a replay deserving this name for a long time, and finally I did it! I was trying for a long distance aerial punch, but it takes some getting used to, so I flew into the wrong direction, or, rather spinning on the wrong axis and wasn't able to land an upwards punch, but instead was very able to do this!
piston decap: well, this one is slightly average I quess, and the name doesn't fit it as well as it could, but every bunch needs a bit of filler.
Attached Files
1 crescent kick ..rpl (147.2 KB, 87 views)
1 piston decap.rpl (168.6 KB, 77 views)
Last edited by Archlurps; Sep 29, 2008 at 07:39 PM.
I refuse to grab.
-
Like CnC? Most people do. Be a dear and spread the love!
well i went and got him the burger but by the time i got back you'd already decapped him so i guess i'l eat it :P

all awesome replays. The cheezburger one is the best, i know what you mean by flawless! The balance at the end looks nice as well. I must say you're very creative with your replays, i wouldn't have thought to put that second hit in.

The other 2 aren't quite as impressive but both nice clean decaps either way, good work!
[Addicted]Spree
Youshop | Art
I know, the towering smexiness of the first replay laid it's shadow on the two less orgasmic replays after it. Usually I wouldn't do that, but since it was the namesake of the thread, I had to.

I've started having an urge to always add a second hit to a "one hit wonder" type replay unless it's something extra special. and actually, if you thing of it, that replay would've been rather mediocre without the second hit, and I couldn't have balanced it either . the second hit did take many tries, but if somebody wants hints, inertia is the key. As did the balance, but it still didn't work out right. always when I move something, no matter higher or lower, it either pushes me to the wrong direction with it's inertia or shifts my center of balance to the wrong side, slowly tipping me over.

Anyways, these aren't quite as good as the first one of the first post but, I think, about the level of the second one. anyways, you decide, not me.

glass ladder: This is pretty basic use of inertia, but looks more than a step on nothing than usual, so I think it's a bit better than average.
crescent kick clean edit: it messes up the style of the original a bit, but since I usually like to keep decaps decaps or make them all out combos, I had to also make a purely decap version of the crescent kick.
sentrifuge punch: OK, not the best possible name for this one, and I typoed it too, but anyways, this is the best attempt at using the prep of "crescent kick" for it's original purpose: a punch. sorry in advance for the spasms
Attached Files
1 glass ladder.rpl (165.6 KB, 59 views)
1 crescent kick clean edit.rpl (169.3 KB, 42 views)
1 sentrifuge punch.rpl (190.9 KB, 44 views)
I refuse to grab.
-
glass ladder looks awesome, the kick is solid and im convinced there is a little glass stepladder there :P

i know what you mean about balancing, moving things like the elbows and knees completely screws it up because they move faster than other joints and sort of jerk you off balance. I guess its all about editing in single frames and being reaally used to tweaking the weight distribution/center of balance. Im off to make some more replays, i dont have enough nice ones to bump my thread again yet hehe -_-
[Addicted]Spree
Youshop | Art
Cheeseburger was awesome, especially that end pose. I liked that a lot. Although... the end pose is what really actually makes it stand out from the rest in my opinion. Oh, and I feel your deadthread pain
Since when did I become Asian?
Originally Posted by JDawg View Post
Cheeseburger was awesome, especially that end pose. I liked that a lot. Although... the end pose is what really actually makes it stand out from the rest in my opinion. Oh, and I feel your deadthread pain

I agree. That is hands down one of the top 5 replays I have ever seen. Simply amazing.

Any rating may be insulting.
Organisation of Awesome: Member.
lol, thanks ppl... I'm off to read my e-mail and re-boot my computer to get rid of that nonresponsive TB window (that happens sometimes for some reason when I try to watch replays). then I'll work on a third replay for the next bunch.
I refuse to grab.
-
Stop posting replays so fast argh.

Cheezburgah:
OH GAWD!!! EXTRA KUDOS FOR THE AWESOME POSE AT THE END >=D
Yes, poses are all that matters to me. Like 80%. Ohhh, and spinny moves earn some brownie points too. So that's like..30.

110% WTF?

Crescent Kick:
Pose + spinny move..110% AGAIN WTF?

Piston Decap:
"HEY UKE...no wait..no energy..blargh..NOWAITIFEELTHISSUDDENBURSTOFENERGY ITHINKI'LLDECAPYOULOL"
Yeeeaaaaa XD Epic pose but you fell backwards T_T So what..95%?

Glass Ladder:
Shouldn't it be glass STAIRS? :O Same as the others, just as awesome, gagagaga.

Crescent Kick clean edit:
Hmm..clean, nice decap, nice blood pattern on the floor..

Centrifuge Punch:
The horror of spasming hands that knock off your head at 100km/s. Well it wasn't so bad, because it wasn't AFTER you killed Uke..
this maniac can read my mind.

see, now that he asks me to post more slowly, I was just going to say that the next replays will be tomorrow, since I couldn't make anything decent and had to study for a test... I do have two which I'll post anyways if i won't make anything good tomorrow either.

I forgot to tell, I almost lost the cheezburger replay, had to fetch it from autosave... I always forget you can't use question marks in replay names...

oh and about the blood splatters, see those in piston decap, really beautiful
Last edited by Archlurps; Sep 30, 2008 at 05:49 PM.
I refuse to grab.
-
this maniac can read my mind.

We're trolls, dude. Like, seriously..

Ooo, yea, the ones in piston decap are..pretzel-y. Mmm..pretzels..