Ranking
Original Post
The art of grabsounds?
So guys, here's something you definently haven't seen before.
i made a selfspar and incorporated some brutal facecrushing sounds into my KO punches.
the hardest part about it was definently to sync the hits with the grabsounds.

Shadowtwiz aka uke's opener up until 510 is brrrhaha's opener, i really liked the openers we both did, so i just decided to make a new selfspar out of it.

Hope you enjoy and cnc is appreciated.

remember to /DL both me and Shadowtwiz!
-----
Note: on rare occasions the first punch sound won't play so if you hear no sound when uke gets punched, please try and watch it again.
Attached Files
Swex- Wrong Side of Heaven.rpl (1,002.6 KB, 78 views)
Last edited by Swexx; Sep 2, 2013 at 11:29 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
A true replay maker only knows blood,sweat,tears and glory...ALSO failure, ALOT of failure.
also i sing harshvocals n stuff https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=keIOUNr_PAM
Cool spar, I only heard two grabsounds, but I could not identify which punch it came from, and I think the last grabsound wasn't sync with the ko. This definitely is going to be a new art and lots of people trying it in their spars. Well done!

Watched it again and noticed that both grabsounds are a bit early.
Last edited by xlr84life; Sep 2, 2013 at 11:37 AM. Reason: 2nd Thought
for now the only way to do incorporate sounds is via grab sounds, and two grabsound items= a maximum of two sounds.
and i did this replay on school laptop which only runs toribash on 30 fps, you think that has something to do with it not being well synced on lets say 60+ fps?

try watching in 30fps and see if the sync is better.

thanks for the feedback!

once i get home to my own computer i'll fix it so it's synced up to 60fps instead of 30.
Last edited by Swexx; Sep 2, 2013 at 12:13 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
A true replay maker only knows blood,sweat,tears and glory...ALSO failure, ALOT of failure.
also i sing harshvocals n stuff https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=keIOUNr_PAM
The sync is better in 30 fps....but the sound of your fist hitting uke's head is louder than the grabsound, so I can just barely hear it.

Oh nevermind! I forgot to /dl, yes it works great!
Last edited by xlr84life; Sep 2, 2013 at 12:01 PM. Reason: ^
Oh look a comment from me!111!111!!1!1

I'm not a sound guy, but I heard a bit of it and it seemed to work pretty well.

Problem with it is that yeah, it syncs better with 30 fps rather than 60.

Creative idea and good execution, but it doesn't really have a purpose.

Right, replay ultra critical time and nitpicky cunt time which you're going to feel sad because I go really picky and find problems with the replay love me forever.

Alright, ShadowTwiz (Whoever that guy is) around frame 316 felt a bit jerky as you extended your left arm completely when I personally think it looks WAY better if you relax it through. When you jumped in the air at the start your arms looked a bit stiff, but I can't really criticise that too much (Stiff arms op). Pose is twitchy as well, but as that is way easier to fix than having to do the rest of the replay, so go do that.

This excludes criticising Brrr's opener

Now the good stuff, pretty well made self spar, and the punch combo was really really awesome, and actually looked somewhat real due to the reactions from Shadowtwiz.

Replay needs more booms and corks sadly...

Edit: Found another problem, the landing after the first jump of yours had a pause in it and didn't look all too good as you pretty much caused your momentum to halt, which didn't look all too good imo, but it's not all too noticeable.
Last edited by notnoob; Sep 2, 2013 at 01:57 PM.
Sold my dog to join RRO