Endurance Onslaught 6.0
Original Post
on the topic of culinary cowardice.
hello people of earth, have you ever noticed when you buy some "hot" salsa its more like in between tomato sauce spiciness and mild. I have noticed this is a common occurrence throughout the western world and its fucken stupid I shouldn't have to bring my own hot sauce to a restaurant like really. but then you go to a legit asian restaurant and you order some apparently non spicy food and you gotta ask for some milk cuz your crying and shit from the chili. can't we all just get along?
Originally Posted by raaage View Post
hello people of earth, have you ever noticed when you buy some "hot" salsa its more like in between tomato sauce spiciness and mild. I have noticed this is a common occurrence throughout the western world and its fucken stupid I shouldn't have to bring my own hot sauce to a restaurant like really. but then you go to a legit asian restaurant and you order some apparently non spicy food and you gotta ask for some milk cuz your crying and shit from the chili. can't we all just get along?

I think its not because people are wimps when it comes to spicy food (well some of them are), but its down to regional preferences because in one place they may enjoy spicy foods while in another they hate it.

Some real culinary cowardice that I've seen is that people are not willing to try different foods like durian or fish-head curry which throws people for a bit of a loop
Last edited by MrJingles; Oct 30, 2015 at 05:48 PM.
\o\ | ORMO | OSHI | OLDA | [duck] | Team Canada | Maple Syrup United | Team Philippines | [UssR] | Anime United | /o/
Nothing wrong carrying your own hot sauce.

Also true culinary cowardice is when a chef is so dead set in their ways and refuse to learn new shit because they think it's shit when they come from the land of Fancy France where all food looks the same, taste the same and plated the same.
why do people even eat spicy (as in so spicy you need a cup of milk to go with it) food? it's not even pleasant at the point, it's just eating spicy food for the sake of eating spicy food
Your pal,
crith
Originally Posted by crith View Post
why do people even eat spicy (as in so spicy you need a cup of milk to go with it) food? it's not even pleasant at the point, it's just eating spicy food for the sake of eating spicy food

Thrill seek.
Valterain1 was defeated by hermaphrodite on Oct 17, 2015.
Originally Posted by crith View Post

Different people have different tolerances, to you it may be painfully spicy, but to them it might just be tasty.

As you eat more spicy food you will build up more tolerance, thus if you want to keep eating spicy food you will eat things that are more spicy.
<Faint> the rules have been stated quite clearly 3 times now from high staff
I like le spicy. I was raised on papaya salad and I have a Thai aunt. It is something you grow tolerant too over time. I enjoy the spice as long as it has flavor. Anything crazy that is more pain then yum is not worth eating.

Also sriracha is best hot sauce evar kgo
I deleted my sig cuz clan bai nao