Toribash
Original Post
[Solved]Hey!
Hey, i just joined here, and i only can say 1 thing... JEEZUS.

I purely came across this game by chance on youtube, watched the trailer and a few vids and im amazed! Ill be downloading right away...

But a few questions:

Any begging tips for the game?

Is the community still active on the forum and on the game?

Do you buy stuff out the shop with money or in game currency?

Thanks!
Hey, we hope you enjoy your stay here.
You may want to read over this, it can make your life a little easier around here.

To answer your questions;

Firstly, making your own moves is what the game is all about, don't fret over the fact you cannot get things to work outright, the learning curves a bit steep but it can be quite enjoyable. Though I will admit that game play did change for me greatly when I found out the rule of inertia applies to movements.

And yes, the community is still very much alive these days.

And you buy stuff from the shops with in-game credits, known as Toricredits or TC for short. You earn TC naturally when playing on official servers and it can also be bought with actual money.
[sigpic][/sigpic]
The depressing moment when you realize Satan and 'The Devil' are apt personal descriptions...
Nice! Thanks!

Just a few more questions that i couldnt find answers to

I see tournaments are held for this game, how do i find them, join them, and how often are they held?

I saw in the trailer there were like weapons in the game? (like swords) Are they in the game or just there for display purposes?

And finally, i see you can get body textures, when you buy a texture, for the left arm for example, what do you get? I heard you can edit it yourself, how do you edit it and how do you apply it?

Many thanks for putting up with my newbishness :P
Nothing wrong with a well mannered question.

Tournaments can be two things; An event ether held my the Game-masters by a clan, these normally show up in the event section of the forums and happen at a particular date and time. The other kind are the tournament severs that run pretty much 24/7. While the prizes are a lot smaller this can be a nice way to rake in some TC, assuming you win of course. The system used prevents anyone joining during the tournament, after all its a knockout system. When the sever says the current tournament is over you will have a few minutes to join it using the /enter (or /en for short) command.

The weapons you have seen are very much accessible, you just need to load the mod for it, while in single player (or multilayer, if you are an operator) and press and hold Ctrl + m (for windows, mac I think is function + m) and it should bring up a list of all the mods you have, the game already comes with a large variety of them so have fun exploring them.

When you buy a texture item you can active it in the Deactivated items section in the shop tab. When you have bought one you can upload an image which will be displayed on your Tori while you're in-game, the size of the image will depend on what sized texture item you have bought.
You can create an image yourself or buy one via commission from an artist here on the forum. You seem intelligent enough to know about plagiarism but I feel the need to anyway.
[sigpic][/sigpic]
The depressing moment when you realize Satan and 'The Devil' are apt personal descriptions...
Thank you! Everything is far clearer for me now!

About the mods, where do i find them and is there a guide on how to install them? :P

Many thanks again
-----
Oh whoops! Silly question, i really should take more notice before pestering people xD

Anywayz thanks for your help!

And get better soon! ;)
Last edited by Tibbz2; Jul 27, 2011 at 04:03 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
The mods them selves are located in your Toribash folder. It should be in CGames\Toribash-3.9\data\mod.

If you're running a windows OS then you should be able to press Ctrl + m to bring up your mods bar. That or you can go to the main menu and go setup > mods then chose from there. You should already have heaps of mods, if you wish to add some, just paste it into your mods folder.
[sigpic][/sigpic]
Originally Posted by XWOLFz View Post
The mods them selves are located in your Toribash folder. It should be in CGames\Toribash-3.9\data\mod.

If you're running a windows OS then you should be able to press Ctrl + m to bring up your mods bar. That or you can go to the main menu and go setup > mods then chose from there. You should already have heaps of mods, if you wish to add some, just paste it into your mods folder.

Oh thanks, i was just going to ask about the locations, you read my mind!
Thanks for your concern, I'm just about done with this dreadful cold.

Glad to have cleared everything up for you, if you need anything feel free to contact me Via Pm.
[sigpic][/sigpic]